Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It has been almost two months since my phone that is a Samsung s8 had an update and my phone  has stopped  syncing. I have tried everything  that was recommended  and my phone still wont sync unless  I remove the  battery every day  then it only syncs  once  and goes back to  it syncing  and says tracker not found. This is  crazy.  When is problem going to be fixed. It really sucks that I can't get my zip tracker  to work. Please fix the problem soon.

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

I am totally disgusted. Looking for alternative to Fitbit.

Best Answer

I have found one method that works:

1. Uninstall the Fitbit app.

2. Reinstall the Fitbit app

3. Power down the phone

4. Restart the phone

For some reason, this allows the device to sync. It's a pain and I think Fitbit needs to address this. I have been using ZIP since 2013 with no problems until recently. 

Best Answer

I like the Zip and wasn’t ready to give up on it. This is what I did to get my Zip to sync again.

Since Jan. 2014 I’ve used the USB Dongle and the Connect app installed on a Windows 10 desktop to sync my Zip. Sept. 4 was the last time I was able to sync this way. That’s when the “No Internet connection found” error message when trying to sync first appeared.  I got tired of waiting for an update from Fitbit to fix the problem. Going by the dates of posts on the Zip - Fitbit Community website this problem has existed for quite a while & since the Zip has been discontinued I assume any support for it from Fitbit has been discontinued as well.

I had nothing to lose so I decided to try & connect to my Fitbit account via the Fitbit app & Bluetooth on my Smartphone. If it didn’t work I would just uninstall it.

My Smartphone is a Motorola Moto G 3rd Generation running Android version 6.0(Marshmallow). I used my desktop to initiate the Install but you can download & install it from your Smartphone as well. I went to the Google App store, found the Fitbit app by Fitbit Inc. and clicked on the Install button.

https://tinyurl.com/y74kxpjm    

Make sure your Smartphone is on and charged up, has Bluetooth enabled and your Zip is close to it. You will need your Fitbit login information also. The install will take around 10 minutes. When the install began I noticed the display had changed on my Zip. There was a progress bar on it and my Smartphone. Before I started, my Zip had 5.86 Firmware version. After the install it was at 5.90. To finish the install, you will be prompted to enter your Fitbit user id and password on your Smartphone. The look of the Smartphone app is a bit different than the desktop Connect app. I’m still getting used to it. When I looked at my step and distance counts they were all there. The data from Sept. 4 to the current day & time had been uploaded from the Zip. I opened up the Connect app on my desktop and it matched what was on the Smartphone app.

I installed the app on my phone on Monday, Sept. 16. It worked fine until the evening of the 17th  when I opened up the Fitbit app and tried to manually sync. The Zip was not recognized by the app. I tried stopping the app, turning my Smartphone off/on and restarting the app. The app still wouldn’t recognize the Zip. However, the next morning when I opened the app, all the data had been uploaded. I’m new to Bluetooth so don’t know if what happened was related to that but it’s been fine ever since. I do have the “Always Connected” option enabled in the app settings now. It seems syncing via the Smartphone app is not instantaneous so give it time.

My friend was having the same problems syncing via the USB Dongle. I installed the Smartphone app on her Motorola e5 Play with Android Ver. 8.0.0(Oreo). Both Smartphones are running the app and syncing from the Zip like they’re supposed to. The only thing I use the Connect desktop app for now is to log my weight but it seems that can be done via the Smartphone app also.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. However, I have always used the app on my smartphone with no
trouble until now. Like you, I also prefer the ZIP and am disappointed to
know that it has been discontinued. I don't want to wear a bracelet/watch
device. If the uninstall/reinstall, close/reboot method stops working for
me, I shall simply go with an old fashioned pedometer.

Again, thank you from one Moto G user to another.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Khalford  please come back and edit your post to remove all your personal information. This is a public forum and you never know who is here. On the post, there are three dots upper right. Click on it and select edit.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I will.
Best Answer
0 Votes

If a product is discontinue should be just the inability to purchase not the functionality. My Fitbit works why should I have to buy a new one.  Let the product continue to sync. I mean everyone has to buy a new Fitbit because the company discontinued it. The least you can do is a trade in and provide credit to those with working fitbits. Such an inconvenience to your customers and  poor customer service to just discontinue an item and not allow that product to sync/ work with the app. 

Best Answer

I have a Samsung phone and it's not syncing. They need to fix this bug instead of making us all upgrade to newer version.  Poor customer service and a lack of consideration for those who have a working Fitbit. I won't upgrade  to another Fitbit. What's to say it won't be a repeated in the future with another version. Just kick your customers off. Nope! 

Best Answer

I have a TracFone which had been syncing just fine until today.i there a problem with the app or what?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Zip stopped syncing with my iPhone SE about a week ago. After poring over all the company says about fixing this problem, and trying everything I found more than once, I read here about removing the battery - that worked to sync the past week. I am crossing my fingers that that will keep it syncing until it drops.

Best Answer

I'm especially irritated about this as I just bought my latest Zip in Nov 2018. It would have been to know that it's basically unusable before spending money on it.

Best Answer
I am happy to report that my ZIP is syncing properly again. I uninstalled my Fitbit app, then reinstalled and rebooted my phone. Now it's back to normal.
Best Answer

I still have my original Zip. Love it.  I recently had issues with the new update.  Turns out there was nothing wrong with the update, I just needed a new battery for my Zip. Other then this nothing ever goes wrong with it.

Best Answer