Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It has been almost two months since my phone that is a Samsung s8 had an update and my phone  has stopped  syncing. I have tried everything  that was recommended  and my phone still wont sync unless  I remove the  battery every day  then it only syncs  once  and goes back to  it syncing  and says tracker not found. This is  crazy.  When is problem going to be fixed. It really sucks that I can't get my zip tracker  to work. Please fix the problem soon.

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

Tried  to sync zip with my phone  again it still wont sync  just says looking and then tracker not found.  I and getting ready to toss zip tracker into the trash if it isn't fixed  soon.  Not worth  the headache  waiting  two months  with no fix to the problem.  Hope it is able to be fixed.  Some updates would be nice if anyone  is trying  to fix the  problem. 

Best Answer

Tried  to sync zip with my phone  again it still wont sync  just says looking and then tracker not found.  I and getting ready to toss zip tracker into the trash if it isn't fixed  soon.  Not worth  the headache  waiting  two months  with no fix to the problem.  Hope it is able to be fixed.  Some updates would be nice if anyone  is trying  to fix the  problem. 

Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi @Anthony10 

Your posts were merged together since it's easier to help you if all your posts are in one thread. Have you tried turning off bluetooth, restarting the phone and turning on bluetooth? Sometimes that helps. Were you able to sync well after your post in May?

The Zip has been retired. The Inspire series has replaced the Zip.

Let us know what happens.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the zip has been disconnected  its time to trash it and get something  that is more reliable  and wont be discontinued . The zip worked for me because I don't like the wrist  one. If it has been disconnected  why do I keep reading the engenniers are working on the problem and it will be fixed  soon. So sad I  really liked my zip..can you please bring the zip back...    

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything  and my zip will not sync. It stopped syncing  in may when my Samsung  s8 had an update. After the update  it stopped syncing  and I still can't get it to sync  no matter what I do. Is anyone  trying  to fix this problem  or are all Fitbit now thrash? I really like my Fitbit  tracker and would like to keep on using it. Is there any hope that the zip trackers will ever work again I hope so. I will if I have to trash mine. Please  fit the problem. 

Best Answer

@Anthony10  the new Inspire can be worn using an optional clip, much like the Zip. Fitbit won't be bringing back the Zip.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been able to get it to sync by removing the battery and putting it back in. Definitely not ideal but until and if they fix it, it's the one way to get it to work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem. Try going online to your account and change the password, I had an ols one which was 7 digits and it now wants 8. Then reload the app on your phone and try again. It worked for mine. Good luck.

Best Answer

I have also had this same problem.  The frustration level was getting high.  My zip would sync when it was reset.  That is removing and replacing the battery in the zip.  So I knew it was able to sync.  After this initial sync, it would not sync again either automatically or manually.  Jogger's approach has worked for me also!  Here was my procedure: Delete the fitbit app from my android phone, login to the fitbit website and change my password (I had already had a 9 character password, just changed it to a 10 character password),  reinstall the fitbit app on my phone.  The app and zip synced, but now the phone and zip will sync manually and automatically.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like WE ARE ALL out of luck! Our ZIP is discontinued and NO LONGER useable on the Sync - Per the info on this site - Great! Switching to APPLE no more FIT Product for me - Heck no heads up when the ZIP was going to be discounted!  

Best Answer

4Allie: Where on this site is that information?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@4Allie  just because it's discontinued doesn't mean it can't sync. I'd like to know where you saw this on the Fitbit site. My friend has a Zip and we're in a challenge this week and she's syncing (also walking so far ahead I can't see her!) as always.

@w2zip  as I just posted, it's still working for my friend who has an Android phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The name of the thread is "Zip not synking with my S9." The comment was around the july point but the start of the thread had the info ‎02-21-2019 18:46 - last edited on ‎03-26-2019 06:25 by  and was started by Shesmitty

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having more and more problems with my samsung S9 as time goes on. I dont want to abandon my device, but it appears fitbit has abandoned the zip like windows abandoned xp.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jeremy95355  that is a different thread than the one you posted to (twice). click to see that thread

Did you want your posts moved there?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was replying to your request of where it says that. But I just went to the fitbit site and clicked on the shop and there are no fitbit zip products there any more. Just inspire and the clip for it separately. I dont see any official posts regarding the zip, so any comments about it being discontinued are just speculation. And lack of new instruction on how to fix persisting problems fuel more speculation. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jeremy95355  it is not speculation. The Zip has been retired. You can't find it in the Fitbit Store. Even the Zip area of the forums has a disclaimer at the top of it saying "This forum is available for customer-to-customer support, but isn’t actively monitored by Fitbit Moderators. "

Best Answer
0 Votes

good to know. Guess I'll toss the zip then

Best Answer