Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip not updating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My app states that there is an update available for my Zip. when I try to update it says can take 10 minutes however I let it go for almost an hour and it will not update. Suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

TammyG71, I am having the same problem...hope someone sees your post and provides some assistance!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @TammyG71 and @Gedeekay! Thanks for sharing your experience with your Zip. This is not the expected behavior. 

Make sure that your Fitbit app is up to date. Then, make sure your tracker has enough battery and then try these steps:

1. Turn your tracker off and on again using the instructions in How do I restart my tracker?
  2. Try the firmware update again. If it doesn't work, reboot your mobile device and try the update again.
  3. Try the firmware update again. If it doesn't work, on a different mobile device or computer (if available) log into your Fitbit account and try updating your firmware.

Note that if you get notifications from your mobile device on your tracker, before you can use a different device or computer you need to follow the instructions in Why is my tracker only syncing with one mobile device?

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

LucyFitbit...after rebooting my phone and my fitbit, uninstalling and installing, trying to update via the dongle and home PC - nothing worked.  I am to the point of purchasing another fitbit and starting over...why can't the update notice just go away if I choose not to update...will it create operating issues with my fitbit if I choose not to update 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @Gedeekay! I appreciate the time and effort you have invested to solve this and I'm truly sorry for this experience. 

To further assist you, I've created a Support case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted if you have any other question.

Best Answer

Where would I go to find out how to sync my Zip?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @pat1941! Thanks for stopping by. If your device is paired to the Fitbit app, it syncs every time you open the app. If you turn on All-Day sync it also syncs periodically throughout the day. If you sync your device with a computer and Fitbit Connect, it syncs automatically every 15 to 30 minutes when the Fitbit device and computer are nearby, and the dongle is plugged in.

To know more about how to manually sync your Fitbit device check out this article. Also, if you are having difficulties to sync make sure to read Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Best Answer
Nothing works..I have ordered yet another new fitbit zip. My cell carrier had the same problems when I was thinking the problem may have been my phone...this will be my second new fitbit zip in 30 days....
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Gedeekay! Thanks for the update! As I mention above, I created a Support case for better assist you. Just remember to keep an eye to your inbox at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted! 😉 

Best Answer

Hello! I am having the same problem. Have tried everything.

Please advise what to do next. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How frustrating..I tried everything..uninstalling/reinstalling the fitbit app on my phone, unlink/link fitbit zip to app, tried updating from fitbit.com on laptop and THEN called the fitbit customer svc number from website. They were very helpful. My zip had gone to place of no return so they replaced it. Hope any of this is useful and best of luck 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So i've been living with this same issue for about 5 months. i'm glad to see you were able to resolve the issue. If i return my zip it would be my 4th fitbit device i've had to replace 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for visiting the forums @Mnarko@Gedeekay and @gogorichie. Welcome! I apologize for the delayed response and will be glad to assist you with your update inquiry.

@Mnarko and @gogorichie, could you please confirm that you have followed the steps that @LucyAP has shared with us.

Thank you for sharing that your Zip was replaced @Gedeekay.

Catch you later. 

Best Answer

I deleted my Fitbit app and downloaded a new one - its not like the original app and will not sync my zip. So I've tried switching off my phone etc BBM but nothing works since ios13 updated. I'm not going to buy a new zip though. Not sure they're sold anymore. Always been a problem - might try Garmin. 

Best Answer

Hi @JanHolm  there have been some changes, with the dashboard being the one most noticed. Did you see the information about iOS 13? It's in a banner at the top of the forum pages.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer