Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip not waking, full battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My zip was on last night, screen was blank when I woke up, battery is full, followed all troubleshooting steps, can get it to wake! Any other suggestions, or should I just start shopping for a new one? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

My zip was on last night, screen was blank when I woke up, battery is full, followed all troubleshooting steps, can’t get it to wake! Any other suggestions, or should I just start shopping for a new one? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is the same! Just found out the zip has been "retired"!

Mine stopped on oct 14th.... i think its dead as they want you to buy a new device! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tapped it? Or is it synced? Or is it broken? I would have a professional look at it. Or order a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @DanaPr  and @Lilpebbles   these devices do last a while, but they do eventually die. With all the sales going on, it could be time to check out the new styles. The new Inspire has an optional clip, so it's the closest to the Zip.

@SunsetRunner  there is no one to look at the Zip. These are not devices that can be repaired.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ohh. I did not know this, I thought they were like phones, I did not know they could not be repaired. Mine never stopped working. It was a hand-me-down 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, I got mine to work,  I had a pretty new battery, and the App displayed as my battery being full as well! It never crossed my mind that a dead battery could show fully charged, so I just tried a brand new one, and it worked ! I guess the batteries no longer lasts for six months, as they suppose to! 

Best Answer

Thank you, I got mine to work,  I had a pretty new battery, and the App showed my battery being full as well! It never crossed my mind that a dead battery could show fully charged, but I still tried a brand new one, and it worked ! I guess the batteries no longer lasts for six months, as they suppose to! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

New battery is always a good idea, plus removing the battery restarts the Zip! Glad it's going again @DanaPr 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I tapped on it several times, but it was completely dead! The confusing part was that it showed that the battery was full, I’ve changed it about a month ago, so I didn’t think that the battery could be the issue! In spite of the “green” battery, I tried a new one, and surprisingly, it worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The longest the battery in my Zip has lasted is around 6 months. So, when I reach the 6 month mark I automatically change the battery.

Best Answer

The one thing a user can do with the zip has to do with the battery contacts. 

I slight small pull up of the tab often helps. 

Best Answer

I’ve had to do that a couple of times...overall it’s the best little tracker, basic, simple just change the battery every six months or so and you’re good to go 🙂

Best Answer