Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip rapid battery drain on iOS version 2.41.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: It has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing the Zip to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of Zip battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Turn off All-Day Sync:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon in the top right-hand corner. 
  2. Tap on your device 
  3. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
497 REPLIES 497

I'd love to see a reply to this from Fitbit. For a while they were lasting a decent length of time. Now the battery I installed on Monday the 19th is already showing low. This is absolutely ridiculous. The only thing I did was to update the Fitbit software which obviously I shouldn't have done. I'm about done with this thing. 

Best Answer

Patience!!!!! I'm now on my fourth battery this month, plus now resets any hour of the day,

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having this problem as well. I turned off the all-day sync several months ago, but am still finding that the battery lasts only 4 weeks or so. Sometimes I get the low battery indicator for a few days, and then that just goes away and the battery keeps working for a few more weeks. Last night, my zip synced fine, with the battery indicator on the app showing “full”. This morning I am getting the low battery indicator on the zip itself and, although it isn’t still showing my steps for today, I cannot get it to sync. Is there any way to enter your step count manually in situations like this? I am part of a step challenge using the MoveSpring app, and hate to get 0 steps for today. The step count for the day is lost when you change the battery, right? (If you can’t sync beforehand)

Best Answer
0 Votes
You can contact Fitbit and they managed to save my straps but it took ages. They may take your zip back and replace it but not likely. It’s a product with major issues sadly.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been off all day sync and the batteries continue to drain rapidly.  Any fix yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have there been any updates to this issue? I just started using mine again after a long break and I'm working on my second battery in 3 weeks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit zip battery lasts about four weeks. This is costing me a fortune. Please can you sort out this problem asap

Best Answer
0 Votes

I moved from the Fitbit One to a Zip a couple of months ago now due to the battery issue.

I have gone through FOUR CV2025 batteries. The latest one was changed only on Monday and it is now Friday.

All Day Sync is off. I only tap to wake once or maybe twice a day.

I have one battery left.

after that one is deplete...in a week or so, I am done with Fitbit and may either look for another brand or forget about logging steps all together.

Fitbit has been causing me headaches for months and months. 

Such a waste of my money.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Check out a company called mpow. I purchased their tracker and it’s great
so far. Rechargeable battery. Same as top of the line Fitbit 1/4 the price.
Fitbit zip I own sits in a drawer
--
Cathy Cook (Cookie)
Best Answer

MPOW sadly only has a wrist tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve been removing my battery

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. The problem is, I’m in a clinical trial and was provided the zip. Since there doesn’t look to be a fix, I’ll have to see what they will do.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you called Fitbit? I did and it was semi helpful. They say sync should be done on pc not mobile device which is inconvenient. Also they may ask you to perform battery tests on zip before they exchange.
I also remove battery when not in use and so far it’s worked better but I should have to do either without product being sold with this as a notification. It’s not good enough to be honest.
Fitbit suggested I get a one but no longer sold.
I can see this is a long standing issue ...years...for a lot if irritated customers who have failed to be given a solution. Poor customer service.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

What would removing the battery do other than make the Zip totally useless. 😳

I will contact them about this as I am getting fed up.

Best Answer
I have an Alta which I use evenings and weekends. I bought the zip for working on the wards. It’s great for that and removing the battery means it doesn’t drain away as I’d been through 3-4 batteries in a matter of weeks leaving it in.
It’s disappointing to say the least that they are still selling the battery which us faulty. Another thread the guy was keeping his “drained” batteries and putting them back in days or weeks later. Again not the solution but seems to get a better life out of the battery.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Today is Saturday.

A new battery was installed last Monday.

This morning, it is dead.

tossed it into the drawer.

I will be contacting FitBit.

i want my money back. 

Not happy!

Best Answer

hi, I still have this problem, have had to replace battery every 6 weeks!    has this issue been addressed yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried turning off all day sync? That seems to have worked for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having issues with my battery draining super quickly-has anything been resolved with this issue?

Best Answer

I think most everyone here is having problems.

Everyone needs to contact Fitbit to complain.

Best Answer
0 Votes