Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip rapid battery drain on iOS version 2.41.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: It has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing the Zip to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of Zip battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Turn off All-Day Sync:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon in the top right-hand corner. 
  2. Tap on your device 
  3. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
497 REPLIES 497

I thought that too but my fitbit went dead when I ignored the battery warning.  I guess mine is draining them fast.

Best Answer
Mine improved dramatically when I stopped leaving it next to my iPhone
overnight.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I take my battery out at the end of every working day and that’s working so far.
I’ve got an Alta so I put that on after work and then switch everything back on my iPad. Was told by Fitbit to have app on pc not iPad as there’s issues on that platform.
So I sync zip daily on pc when I get home from work sync remove the battery then jump on iPad with Alta. I shouldn’t have to do this but seems only way to resolve the issue.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I replaced my battery twice until my sister said her Fitbit has a battery charger. Then I remembered that one came with my Zip that plugs into a USB port on my computer. Now when my battery says it is getting low, I place my smartphone with app and the Zip and the computer together and re-sync. Sometimes that works and the battery is "full" again. Last night it was not working. This morning I tried your suggestion to turn off all-day sync and the battery went from empty to Full in seconds. Totally mystified.

Best Answer

I have gone thru 3 batteries since 25 January. This is frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can’t even get a day and a half out of a battery. I gave up!

Merranda Dibert
Dibert Supply LLC.
Dibert Electric & Custom Homes LLC.
(814) 696-0615
Best Answer

I have given up on my ZIP - seems there will be no resolution from FitBit.

I am using the Jawbone UP now - cost was $9 on Amazon

battery is still good after 2 weeks.

The UP  monitors sleep also.

Wish you all luck with your FitBits

Best Answer
I too was frustrated (and to a smaller extent, still am) about the frequent
notices that my battery was dying or dead. Did your zip come with a very
small battery charger that is placed in your computer USB port? Mine did
and I keep it attached to my laptop (so I don't lose it). I found that if I
have the zip and the phone in the same vicinity as the laptop and run the
sync on the phone a couple times when I get a notice that my battery is low
or medium, that it suddenly becomes full. In addition, I open the fitbit
program on the computer, sometimes closing it, then opening it a couple
times. I also keep the All-Day Sync and the Always connected off as
suggested by someone in the comments. I am truly not able to figure out
what specifically works, but whatever I am doing seems to work and I am
using the same battery I bought last fall (my second one).

--

"Never try to outstubborn a cat." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up about a month ago on my zip, walking around with my iPhone calculating my steps on the health app.  Does the jawbone sync with your phone?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
yes - the Jawbone does sync with my phone and it has calorie tracking
built into the app.
Best Answer
My last battery lasted from Dec. 1 to Feb. 14!
That is a huge leap from the usual two weeks per battery.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
Me too, had my battery out of zip for 3 days and every eve so battery only in for 9 hours on 4 days. Only syncing on pc 1 a day, sync off too on iPad and battery lasted 8 days! It’s rubbish.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Since taking the battery out is a PITB, you guys are true road warriors taking your battery out each night. Ouch
Best Answer
0 Votes

Because the Fitbit app sometimes does not open on my iPhone 4S (which Apple deems to be "vintage"), I called customer service today and was told, "As of the moment, the iPhone 4S is not fully compatible with the Fitbit app, so please allow me to share that it can work but we can not assure you it will work all the time."

I truly detest the 'throw-it-away-and-buy-new' mentality.

Best Answer

Thx for ideas. I will give them a try.

I have given up as well. Just purchased a new tracker that is not a Fitbit.
--
Cathy Cook (Cookie)

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
What did you buy?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
Me too!
Best Answer
0 Votes
How do I turn off all day on??
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just put a new battery in my zip last night... after realizing at supper time that my zip had been dead or close to it most of the afternoon... so changed the battery... and now this morning after getting back from 2 walks its flashing on my zip itself..... totally frustrating... I do not use an I phone so I just sync to my pc using the dongle... which last synced last night at 11.... I kept that last battery should I try taking it out and putting it back in all over again?? it has lasted just over 2 weeks ish if it really really is nead this time before making the switch of batteries last night... so annoying......

Best Answer

Any word yet on the battery draining issue; I'm going through a new battery about every 10 days; now, step count changes any time of the day.

Best Answer
0 Votes