Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip's Clip Broken

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm seeing there are a lot of people having trouble (as am I) with the end of the clip on the Zip coming off and leaving these metal prongs exposed which are kind of dangerous.  They fall off and if you're not aware it fell off, they're impossible to find again because they're so small.  Why do these ends even have to come off?  Why isn't the holder created so the clip part is all one piece?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Welcome to the Forums @urbangirl211! Thanks for sharing your experience with Fitbit Zip and its accessories. I wanted to assure you that we take into consideration all the comments provided by our users to continue improving your experience.

To further assist you, I've created a Support case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted if you have any other question.

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, yes, I was kindly provided with replacements, but that doesn’t solve the problem of the part falling off exposing those nasty metal prongs that ruin clothes, scratch your skin, not to mention giving you a rash if you have a nickle allergy. Why can’t the holder be redesigned to not include any removeable part??

Best Answer

Hey there @urbangirl211! Thanks for your reply! I appreciate your feedback and all your comments about the Zip tracker and our costumer support. This is really helpful for us and keep us improving our products and services. 

The best place to make your voice heard is the Feature Suggestion board. There you can create your own idea or upvote for a similar suggestion. The suggestions with more votes are taken into consideration by our developers for next updates or product development.

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • Mine fell off too and was told to contact a retailer when I did an online chat with Fitbit. Who do you suggest I contact to get a replacement cap like she did?
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I finally started super gluing the end piece that kept falling off.  And now, I gave up on the zip altogether and invested in an inspire that I wear on my wrist instead.  I got tired of changing the batteries and issues from time to time if things weren't placed just right where the battery goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh, and Fitbit sent me replacement clips.  I did not get told to go to a retailer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, I keep having more thoughts about this.  If they did tell you to go to a retailer, it's probably because they no longer manufacture the Zip and no longer support it.  Try the Inspire.  You can get a clip for that if you do not want to wear on wrist.  But I purchased a very chic looking metal mesh band on Amazon for about $7 and it looks like a piece of jewelry.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased additional cases on eBay several years ago. Haven't had any problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is nonsense. This is a design flaw on the part of fitbit.  I own a Zip and a One. BOTH have the exposed painful prongs. 
Fitbit is responsible  for designing a safe , functional product. 
These two items are now discontinued. I am NOT going to eBay to spend mote of my hard earned money.

fitbit needs to replace these defective items.  
I am filing a formal complaint and you can too. Go to Terms and Conditions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have several different silicone covers for mine. Did you check to see if they were still available here or eBay? I just checked eBay, and saw one listed for $6.63 +free shipping. Let me know it if works. BTW, my clip came off, and I just put it back on. Jane

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have several different silicone covers for mine. Did you check to see if they were still available here or eBay? I just checked eBay, and saw one listed for $6.63 +free shipping. Let me know it if works. BTW, my clip came off, and I just put it back on. Jane

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks I did get 2 from Ebay.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought an authentic Fitbit replacement clip for under $5 brand new including shipping from eBay. Most suppliers are selling aftermarket ones which work fine, but search for original and you may be surprised 🙂

s-l1600 (6).png

Best Answer
0 Votes