Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Zip tracker stopped working.  No display, except smilely face sticks tongue out when screen tapped. Does not sync either.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

I feel that way also, that it is purposely being sabotaged so I'll upgrade. I want what this does, and I don't want it on my wrist, nor to have to charge it constantly. I'm giving it one more try with a new one, but if this goes badly, I go back to an old fashion pedometer!! I have a Flex2 now, but HATE it!! Constant buzzing on my wrist, no display, and constant charging. LOVE THE ZIP...when it works!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are more than welcome @Doug96 and @Ruthrabbits! 🙂 Also, remember to take a look at our Discussions board. 😉 

Welcome to the Forums @Sewingwen! To further assist you I created a Support case for you. Please keep an eye to the email address you used to create your Community Forums profile. Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks for the update @LucyFan2! Hey there @commname52! I really appreciate your input about Fitbit Zip. This behavior could be done to a missing update or that the battery spring is bent, you can follow the process to fix your spring in the post above.To update your Zip, you can follow this process suggested by @EdgarFitbit. Let me know the outcome. 

Thanks for stopping by @Mink1995! I really appreciate your feedback about our products. To better assist you can you please describe the issue you are experiencing with your Zip. Regarding your Flex 2, if you are not in love with it and you have less than 45 day since you buy it from Fitbit.com/store you can still get a refund for it. To read more about this, take a look at our Warranty Policies

Keep me posted! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

My Zip has stopped working - I tried 2 different batteries.  Although the second battery  looked promising, it just shut down after a little bit of time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes! You are brilliant!

After I changed a battery last week, I thought everything was working. Then I discovered the "steps" weren't syncing to devices. Everything else synced, including "battery full" notice.

I fiddled with the battery terminals as you described (had to use a needle to convince the short one to "pull in").  Now everything works - the "steps" are also syncing.  Never occurred to me that those "battery" terminals might be communicating more than just whether the battery is full.

Thanks so much for the perfect picture. Took me a couple of hours to finally land upon your answer, so am glad you're there.

Best Answer