Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Zip tracker stopped working.  No display, except smilely face sticks tongue out when screen tapped. Does not sync either.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Mine too.  I've tried a couple of NEW batteries and it still is happening.  Wonder if they just crap out after awhile and that way you have to buy a new one Smiley Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have replaced battery again and working once more!!!!  Wonder for how long. Thankyou LucyFan2 for your assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Vern21, and @LucyFan2This is an odd situation. In this case, I would recommend checking the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when this is bent. Here is a picture of how it should look like:

zipbent.jpg

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

I went in and raised the negative terminal just a little bit and put my new battery back in. I'll let you know in a day or two how it's working.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @LucyFan2! Please keep me posted with the outcome. I'd love to help you to get back on track. 

Catch you later! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did as you said - made sure the positive and negative tips on fit bit had good connection with the new battery and it seems to be working now. Thank you very much - Nancy Krebs

IN GOD WE TRUST
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @LucyFan2! So good to hear that you are back on track. Let me know if you need more help or you have more questions. 

Also, I'd like to encourage you to join us at the Discussions board, there you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more!

Give it a look! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same happened to mins, only a couple of months old...just won’t work....put a new battery, but only that occasional face. That’s how I found out it’s nearly impossible to find a new Zip!! Back to a pedometer I guess!!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @M11worth! Thank you for sharing your experience with Fitbit Zip. Also, I really appreciate all the time and effort you have invested to solve this. 

Please make, sure that you have placed the new battery with the plus (+) sign facing you. If you haven't done so, make sure as suggested above that the metal spring inside your Zip is correctly aligned. 

Regarding the availability of Zip, please visit the online Store to get a new Zip. 

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've checked the battery and done all that was suggested but my Zip still doesn't work after only a few months.  Not happy.  Now I can't find a magenta one anywhere.  Are they being discontinued?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @CalicoZip! Thank you for sharing your experience with your Fitbit Zip, and for all the troubleshooting steps that you have taken before posting. To further assist you, I've created a Support case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Regarding the Zip's availability, at the moment in the Fitbit Store the only color available (if you are located in the USA) is Charcoal. However, in some other locations or retailers you may find other options as well. As mention by @KateFitbit in this thread, currently there are no plans to discontinue Fitbit Zip. 

Keep me posted if you have any other question.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I attempted to follow the instructions and the positive terminal snapped off.  Now what?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the third Zip I’ve had, so do know how to insert the battery, & try that trick with the contact.....two new batteries, from two new packages. It just stopped working.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Doug96! Thanks for the reply @M11worth! I really appreciate that you have followed the suggested troubleshoot in this thread. 

To further assist you, I've created a Support case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted if you have any other question.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Excellent, thank you Lucy!

Best Answer

My batteries only last a week or two.  Even when I put in a new battery it says it is only at minimum battery life.  Now, after one week by battery is dead and I can't open my zip back to replace the battery AGAIN.  I'm involved in a heart study using the zip so I need to get it and keep it recording.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for putting this picture out there. 

Best Answer

We've corresponded before. Today my Fitbit Zip has outdone itself for stupid things to do. Five minutes ago I synced it and it was at 5561 steps and now it's at 73. What on earth is wrong w/ the Zips? And compounded by "low battery" warnings every other day. I've started noting when I replace the battery and it was replaced Jan 25, 2018 - so not quite a month ago.

In who's world is this useful?????fitbit zip 2-22-18.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine was doing crazy things too.  I kept getting messages from Zip people that mine had quit working - which it had even though I kept new batteries in & made sure the "inside" silver things in the zip we're positioned as they should be.  I gave up on it & registered another one we found that my husband thought he lost before he bought another one.  We'll see how this one does.  Maybe they want us to upgrade to more expensive ones?  The zip does what I want when it works.  I just want to keep track of my steps & nothing else.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Droid
Best Answer
0 Votes