Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip very slow to sync with Windows dongle

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I rely on the Windows dongle to sync my Zip, because it won't sync with Galaxy A3 2017 and App for iPad Air seems to have died when Apple changed to IOS 11.

Windows drivers are up to date,  but sometimes I have to have three or four tries - with the Zip nearly touching the dongle - before it will sync.

Very annoying.  

Actually I'd greatly prefer to be able to sync with Galaxy A3 (2017) but that phone hasn't yet been added to the FitBit list.  Bother! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome, thanks for stopping by @OverSeventy! I really appreciate your feedback about the Fitbit app for Android and for all the time and effort you took to solve your syncing issues with your Zip.

At the moment Galaxy A3 is not in our compatible devices list. Remember, you can check the link at a later date to see if device support has been added. However, your iPad Air is compatible. To use the Fitbit app for iPad you can take a look to this post by @DerrickS

To solve your issues syncing with your Windows computer please check this post by @HelenaFitbit. Also, make sure that your Zip is up to date. To update your tracker, you can follow the help article How do I update my Fitbit device?

Keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, Lucy! The Windows dongle does work ... eventually ... but I will try all the other suggestions from your links.

Meanwhile I have hunted in the Apple App Store for the iPhone version of the Dashboard App and can only see DOZENS of apps for finding a LOST FitBit. The odd thing is that I used to have the dashboard App on my iPad Air, but unwisely uninstalled it a week ago (expecting it to stay in the iCloud) but it had vanished when I wanted to re-install.

It would be a great help to know the exact name of the right dashboard app for my iPad Air .... if it is free or how much it costs ... and have a screenshot of what it looks like!

Best wishes, Judy

By SMTP = Speedy Magic Transmission Post!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply @OverSeventy! Please let me know if the troubleshooting I sent you worked so I can help you further. 

Regarding the Fitbit App for iPad, this app is completely free and you can take a look to this post by @MarcoGFitbit. This post will guide you step by step in the process. 

I hope this helps! 🙂

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are very good at communicating, but sorry ... no luck at all. 

iPad App store screen doesn't have the row of choices in that screenshot at all.

Fitbit.inc only offers an app to "Find your Fitbit".  

Thinking maybe that was a NEW name for the dashboard app, I downloaded it just now,

Opened it.  Clever app found my Fitbit (which I am wearing) told me it was VERY near but failed to produce a dashboard.  I conclude that it is merely a finder, so I have deleted it.

This must be a problem caused by IOS 11.  I hear it was an unpopular update in other ways, as well. 

At least I can use the Windows dongle - if I am prepared to put my Zip so close it is touching it ... and wait 10 minutes!

I know Fitbit can't control Apple, but why is the Bluetooth so weak? 

Best wishes, Judy

Best Answer
0 Votes

FWIW, it isn't just you. In the time I've had my Zip, it has never synced reliably with the Windows dongle. Exact same situation as you: if it is more than a couple inches away and/or doesn't have perfect line-of-sight, it will never be found. Hold it an inch or two away and every fourth or fifth manual sync will actually succeed. I never managed to find a fix.

Best Answer
Thank you! It must be the weakness of Bluetooth. I love my Zip, but I think I am going to buy Alta now. I wonder if anyone on the forum can tell me if that will sync more quickly?

Judy

By SMTP = Speedy Magic Transmission Post!
Best Answer
0 Votes