Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip went dark overnight

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My zip was working fine last night and this morning it looks like the battery died.  When I check it on my phone, it's showing a full battery.  Tried removing the battery and replacing...no luck.  This battery is about 30-60 days old.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome on board @pchristakos, it's nice to see you here! Thanks for already removing the battery and replacing it, nice way to go!

That sounds more like a loose connection. Sometimes the side spring may be bent. You can ensure that the silver battery tab located in the lower right half of your tracker. I've heard other users with this issue and my recommendation is to check that the metal pin inside the battery compartment is not twisted or bent, preventing making contact with the battery. It should look like this:

metal pin.JPG

On a side note, that the reason why you're still seeing a full battery on your app is because the last time you synced it has full battery and the icon updates the battery level every time you sync and since you haven't synced yet due to the tracker died so it still remains the full battery. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I bought a new battery today and put it in my zip....now the app says battery is medium!  The spring inside is perfectly fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @pchristakos! Would you mind trying one more time the steps I posted above? Let me know if by doing these for a second time your app shows the correct battery level after syncing. 

I'll be around, keep me in the loop! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer