Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip didn't reset at midnight

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Zip did not reset my steps to zero at midnight last night which meant yesterday's steps carried over to today then today's added on top of them.  How can I delete yesterday's steps?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Thanks for your reply.  I left my Fitbit off for the day so I didn't keep adding more steps.  I had already tried taking the battery out and leaving it for 15 minutes but that didn't work.  Luckily it zero'd the next night so all is well again for now.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

A warm welcome to the Fitbit family @Minimoy! It's great to see you participating in our Community. Woman Happy

Thanks for reaching out the Forums. This is not an unusual behavior from the Fitbit Zip. Please try to restart it, this type of issues is not something that happens often, so if you have this issue again please let me know.

As the information on the Dashboard can't be modify since those steps are basically a copy from the day before, there is no option that we can offer you to delete them. Sorry about the extra steps that you have on your Dashboard, but this shouldn't be happening again. Please let me know if you have questions about it 

I'll be around! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue, I just got up to let the cat in & I still have 12458 steps on my fitbit, the time is correct & I've taken the battery out & restarted to no avail, I'd hate to have to take my fitbit off for Wed.& lose all that info

Best Answer
Thanks for your reply.  I left my Fitbit off for the day so I didn't keep adding more steps.  I had already tried taking the battery out and leaving it for 15 minutes but that didn't work.  Luckily it zero'd the next night so all is well again for now.

Best Answer
yes, I'm taking the battery out now and see what happens
Best Answer

Thanks for trying the restart @Minimoy and @justjannie. It shouldn't be happening again, since I think that it just got stuck for that day. Please keep an eye on it, and let me know if you continue having this issues. 

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
thank you, the cotton swab around the inside of the battery seemed to work
Best Answer
Hello again
I now have a different problem with my Fitbit Zip which did occur once before.  The battery is draining very rapidly.  
I put a new one in on 25th August - the previous one had been in since 13th May so that was fine, but since then I've put 2 more in on 27th and 30th August and now it's flat again 3 days later.  
I am using good quality Duracell batteries and each time have done as advised before and left the battery out for 10 minutes to allow a reset.
Have you any idea what could be causing this or any further advice on what to do?
Thank you and kind regardsMoira Pilkington 

Best Answer

HI @Minimoy, thanks for getting back! Sorry to hear that you keep having those issues with your Zip. I you already try these instructions to check your Zip contacts. You can check these syncing steps to see if this helps. But if this doesn't help we might have to get help from support.

I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed your steps and put yet another new battery in on Sunday and am now waiting to see how long it lasts before advising if the problem has been resolved.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Jogger
did you take the battery out, wipe a cotton swab around inside, wait 10 seconds and replace the battery?? also you might have to call support and have them reset it for you. I hope this helps, there is nothing more frustrating when something doesn't work. Good luck with it
Best Answer

Thanks for the info @Minimoy. Please make sure to follow @justjannie suggestion, this is of great help.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed my battery and it worked all day, but didn't reset at midnight, I took out the battery and waited, put battery back in and the time reset but not the steps, still have the steps from Sunday

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing this information @justjannie. It's not a normal behavior of the Fitbit Zip, thanks for resetting your Fitbit. I noticed that you contacted our support team, for this issue. It should be resetting to "0" the next day, if you keep syncing your Fitbit. 

You can try to give it a try for a couple of days and if this happens again we might have to request a ticket for this again.

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes
all is good now, it did reset itself at Mid
Best Answer
Mine did too the second nightSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Minimoy and @justjannie. I'm glad to see that you're back on track. Please feel free to come back at any time, we try to take care of all the members of our family. Heart

Have you checked our Discussions board? If you're into Fitbit and fitness you may enjoy other users' comments. Check this board  Looking for Fitbit Friends? Find some here! And have some fun interacting with other users! 

Keep stepping around in the Forums! Cat Tongue

Best Answer
0 Votes