Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip will no longer sync with iPhone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated the fitbit app on my iPhone just before the weekend and my zip will no longer sync with it.

I am able to sync with the dashboard on my computer.

I think there must be a bug in the updated application.

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

I don't think they support the zip anymore. This has become a problem for ZIP users around the world. I wish FitBit would own up to the issue and either fix it or tell us what to do next. 

Best Answer

Mine synced this morning but will not sync now. 

Best Answer

Mine stopped sync'ing - restarts (phone, computer, zip) didn't help. Also followed the instructions given on both Windows 10, and my iPhone. No joy.

Love(d) my zip. Now I own a paper weight.

Best Answer

Mine stopped syncing today.  Rebooting phone, replacing battery doesn't help.  It does sync with the bluetooth dongle on my iMac so this id definitely an application bug in the iPhone app.  Devs???  One possible clue.  The fitbit app asked me this morning to enable Bluetooth sharing and I said yes.   (I tried toggling this in the Setting Page but the iPhone still not sync with my zip.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for sharing! This worked for mine!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks -- this worked for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This just worked for me. Thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue as well, has anyone gotten a response as to when it will be corrected?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Zip stopped syncing mid-day yesterday. Steps and activity are being recorded on device but it has stopped syncing to iPhone and iPad. Sync attempts result in “no device found”.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This happened to me yesterday. Very frustrating! Someone posted what to do on this site that helped mine. Turn off your phone, take the battery out of your Zip for 10 seconds, put it back in, turn you phone back on, make sure WiFi and Bluetooth are on then open Fitbit app. It should sync after all that. Mine did, I hope yours does too😊

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

This worked for me!  Thank you 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This works!  Tried all the solutions with no joy.  I'm back on line and happy!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just completed the instructions by Jogger and that fixed my Zip bit. Thank you. 8/21/19

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did all the same. Nothing....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for me too. Thank you very much. Wasted 4-5 hours seeking a fix.

@map71 wrote:
Just completed a chat. I had to turn my iPhone 7 completely off then remove
the battery from my Zip. After waiting 10 seconds, reinserted the battery.
Then powered my phone back on and made sure WiFi and Bluetooth were both on.
After opening the Fitbit app, it synced.

Best Answer
These steps worked for me too (after trying to log in on the web version, taking battery out/replacing, turning phone off/on, bluetooth off/on separately). I'm glad I found this thread! Thanks everyone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
This worked!!! Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried all of the above with no luck.

Had to remove zip from FitBit App and re-add.  Then it finally synced. Smiley Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

Starts to have same problem last night.  This idea worked of basically rebooting everything - I have an iPhone 8 Plus.  Hope it lasts; but also hope Fitbit is seeing all these issues and working on them.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me too.  I had to reboot my zip while my iPhone7 was turned off to get it to work.

Best Answer