Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip will no longer sync with iPhone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated the fitbit app on my iPhone just before the weekend and my zip will no longer sync with it.

I am able to sync with the dashboard on my computer.

I think there must be a bug in the updated application.

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

Same issue for me as well. 

Best Answer

having the same issue – can they not fix this?

Best Answer

Same problem....my app says it can't find my device.

Best Answer

Same problem, says it can't find my device.

Best Answer

I just tried to get some answers through a chat - just cut me off and offered minimal useless "help". Not impressed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same with me.  My computer with Windows 10 did a bunch of updates on Monday, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but I haven't been able to sync with phone or computer since then.  Tried removing zip battery and putting it back in and that didn't work either.  Turning Bluetooth off and on didn't work.

Best Answer

I did the exact same thing as you with no success. Hope this can be fixed soon. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue:(

Best Answer
Just completed a chat. I had to turn my iPhone 7 completely off then remove
the battery from my Zip. After waiting 10 seconds, reinserted the battery.
Then powered my phone back on and made sure WiFi and Bluetooth were both on.
After opening the Fitbit app, it synced.
Best Answer

Quite a few people are having the same problem with the Zip. Can one of the Fitbit team solve this for us, please?

Best Answer

I just tried Jogger's suggestion and it worked for me, although now it's saying my battery is low and it's fairly new.  Thanks so much for sharing this fix!

Best Answer

I had this issue with my husband's new FitBit Zip and even contacted customer services to find out what the problem was as it wouldn't update the software on his phone but it was working ok on my iPad.  I uninstalled the Fitbit software on his iPhone and reinstalled it and this seems to have solved the problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I shut down power on my phone then took battery out for a little bit. Put battery back in and turned power on my phone. Shut off Bluetooth and back on again. Went to fit bit and it synced. 

Best Answer

that worked last week, but now I'm back to the same problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did that last week, too, but now I'm back to the same problem.

Apologies, I thought I was replying to individual comments.

Best Answer

That's what the Help chat told me to do last week, but back to the same problem this week.

Best Answer

Had the same problem. Zip stopped syncing 2 days ago. I tried this solution and it worked! Turn off device, remove battery from Zip. Wait a bit. Replace battery then turn on device (iPhone). It’s working now. 👍

Best Answer

Yeah well...taking the battery out makes it sync for a limited amount of time. I am now having to take my battery out a couple of times everyday to ensure I get my steps counted. This really stinks! It is like when they decided to discontinue the Zip, they decided to not support it anymore. Very frustrated!

Best Answer

This worked for me, thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes