Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip will not pair with phone's Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After the latest update with Win10 on 10-14-2020, my Zip will no longer pair with Bluetooth. When I try to connect my Zip, I get the message, "Try to connect your device again."  This happens over and over and is so frustrating!  I tried to troubleshoot the problem but Bluetooth is fine and I have all the latest drivers. I tried an Uninstall and then Reinstall two times through the MS Store apps. Tried the Google Apps store and same thing ; nothing solves my problem!  I have lost all steps for several days now. Battery is full. Zip just stopped working at 11:30 p.m. on 10/14/20 and I can't figure out why. Does Fitbit need to do something to sync with the latest MS updates?  I have uninstalled the app and will probably stop using the Fitbit and go for a manual pedometer. No more computer problems that way!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

Me too! I wonder if the problem is with Fitbit and not our devices.

Best Answer

Me too stopped after I synced yesterday & can’t get it to sync today 10/20/20?????

Best Answer

Same with me it synced 2am this minting 10/20 hasn’t since then. I’ve tried everything to get it to sync and can’t. It tells me devise not found. 

Best Answer

Same problem 😞

This last app update seems to have broken something. The weird thing is it says that the device isn’t found but it still displays the battery percentage. 

i fear though that those of us with old Fitbits are gonna either be ignored or forgotten...

Best Answer

It’s so frustrating! I have a new Fitbit device but I haven’t set it up yet because I wanted to finish out my StepBet with my trusty Zip. 

Now I may loose this bet if they don’t fix the issue! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone seen an ETA on the fix? I’ve tried everything too, telling me no device found. 

Best Answer

Same problem here.    Zip,seems to be working, full battery.  Just won’t synch

Best Answer

I ran the app update yesterday and as soon as I did my Fitbit stopped syncing. Same as everyone else. Fitbit works, full battery showing on app, but won’t sync activity. 

Best Answer

I was experiencing the same problem. I have a zip and it wasn’t syncing. I chatted with support and they suggested removing my zip from my account and reinstalling it. I did and it worked! My zip is now syncing with the updated app via Bluetooth on an iPhone. That said, everything updated correctly except the calories. Let’s see if that issue persists, but it seems to have fixed the syncing problem. 

Best Answer

I used your suggestion and uninstalled and installed my zip and it’s syncing again.  Everything has updated except for “minutes” exercised.  

Best Answer

I just uninstalled and reinstalled my Zip and it fixed my problem immediately. My zip would not sync starting yesterday morning. I tried many times during the day and evening yesterday. I lost all my steps but at least now it’s syncing. Shame on Fitbit for creating that bug. I get credit for my steps with other apps and that sync feature is important to me. Keep stepping everyone!

Best Answer

Thank you, this worked for me too! I lost my 15,000 steps from yesterday though, anyone know how I can get them added in?

Best Answer

Mine was the same.  I looked online and tried the following.  I went to add new device.  It said I already had a ZIP and would I like to replace it.  I said YES and went through the process of replacing it with the same ZIP device.  It worked and kept my steps from the last 2 days. 🙂

Best Answer

Mine too! I've tried everything - restarted bluetooth, restarted my phone, force quit the app, removed the zip and readded it, still nothing! What gives?!?! My last sync was 10/19/20 at 9:47pm.

Best Answer

I have the same issue with last release 3.32.1. Any chance fitbit will issue another new release to fix the problem?

Best Answer

I called customer service and went thru various steps, what got my Zip to work was removing the battery.  I had to do it twice but that finally worked.  Good luck!

You can manually add them but they won’t count toward you badges.

Hit the box that says track your exercise then hit the stop watch icon to manually add.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem. I had to remove my Zip and reload it on my app. I did lose steps from 10-10 thru 10-20, but it is working now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank for all for advice.... I went in under account.. deleted my zip... then went to add device under account & entered ZIP & followed setup procedures & entered code number provided on the zip & it synced... sadly I have lost 3 days of steps details😟

this community was very helpful... thanks❣️👩

Best Answer

I deleted and reinstalled and it fixed the issue but I lost several days of steps too! Tis community was very helpful! 

Best Answer