Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip will not sync since latest update on phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried everything and my zip will not sync since the latest update on my Samsung S8+. The only way to sync it is the remove the battery. I have been doing this daily and this is not acceptable. It is running my battery down. I refuse to buy a new Fitbit. This issue needs to be e resolved as it not an issue with the Fitbit itself. 

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Success, finally!  I have spent days fighting this, since my S8 took a PIE upgrade on 4/01.   After installing the Microsoft version of the app on my Win10 laptop, I was able to sync my ZIP using the USB dongle instead of the on-board Bluetooth..  This confirmed for me that my Zip could still pair and sync.  Returning to my Galaxy S8 running Pie, I turned off Bluetooth, uninstalled the Fitbit app, and then re-installed the Android app, again.  Only, this time I noticed the Fitbit app showed that it had been updated on 4/01. On install I made sure that both permissions boxes were checked and then turned Bluetooth back on.  Firing up the Android Fitbit app, it asked whether I wanted to pair to a device, and it found my ZIP.   The Zip does NOT show up as paired in Bluetooth on either my Galaxy S8 or my WIn10 laptop, but either one still finds and syncs the Zip when I ask it to.  Go figure. Be sure you get the latest app version, as I have seen in other posts that Fitbit claims only partial distribution success.   All the Play Store mirror sites may not have gotten the distribution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Csteven2607, is your Zip still able to sync?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly, no. Sorry that I may have falsely raised hopes.   My joy lasted for a day.  Back to square one. ;-(

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • I agree this is ridiculous 
Best Answer
0 Votes

So frustrated!  I updated my S8 yesterday and HATE it! Not synching to my zip is on the long list of frustrations.  Is this a Samsung issue?

Best Answer

Same for me.  My S8+ updated to Pie on 3/29.  The app shows the last sync was on 3/28 and nothing I've done will get it to sync since then.  Ridiculous.  Can you imagine if every Bluetooth device manufacturer had these kinds of problems when a phone updated.  My other Bluetooth devices continued to work just fine after the Pie update, so I tend to believe this is a Fitbit problem and not a Samsung problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I spoke with Samsung for about 1 hour today. Then I spoke with Fitbit.
This appears to be an issue on Fitbit's end. I asked the person I spoke
with to read the comments here and to maybe put a banner on the community
page that they are aware of the issue and are working on it.
She did suggest trying to synch to another bluetooth devise for the time
being.
Best Answer

Same problem here since my Note 8 upgrade. It was working perfectly until then . I've only had this zip for a month.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let me know if a new zip works. I seen other comments that it will not even sync with a new Fitbit zip. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Still not synching. 😡

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up upgrading to a Charge 3. There are some additional features that
I wanted anyway. Should have just gotten it in the first place...
Best Answer
0 Votes