Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i update firmware

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

how do i update firmware

zip is freezing up

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

@mickdavid To check or update your firmware version via computer, please follow the steps in this article. If your Zip's display is freezing up, try to give it a restart instead. Let me know how that works.

P.S. Welcome to Fitbit Community!

Fitbit Community ModeratorEdgar | Community Moderator

You're what you eat. Want to feel great? Get Fit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've updated firmware on my ZIP recently, and after that it became almost unresponsive to taps. Also it shows incorrect time and resets steps for some reason.

I've sent email to support - no answer yet

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AFY Welcome to Fitbit Community! Yeah I noticed you reached out to our Support Team. They'll be in contact with you shortly. Thanks for your patience. Hope we can get you back on track Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a fitbit ZIp.  What is considered the 'main menu'.  I have been on the dashboard and the fitbit sales site (home).  I cannot find the 'check for updates' option.  I've had the Zip for about a year and during the last month I have had to replace the battery weekly of even more frequently.  Currently have Firmware 86 version.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GilC Thanks for reaching out! You just need to right click on the Fitbit Connect icon which is located in your system tray or menu bar and click on "Open Main Menu". Once you've done that, click on "Check for device update" as soon as you get the main menu as pictured below. Let me know if you have any questions!

updates.jpg

If your Zip is currently running the Firmware version 86, you don't need to update your tracker. That's exactly the latest version available. I'd like to know what issues are you experiencing so I can give a proper follow-up. Looking forward to your response Smiley Happy

P.S. Welcome to the forums!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I seem to have this issue. Phone app indicates need to update. Then can't find the zip. Advice?
Best Answer
0 Votes
It's showing firmware version 5.72
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community Smiley Very Happy! Have you tried updating your tracker by using a computer?

Try the following troubleshooting in order to update your buddy:

1. Restart your tracker using the instructions in How do I restart my tracker? and try the firmware update again.
  2. If your tracker has call, text, or calendar notifications turned on, turn them off and try the update again. (After the firmware update you can turn notifications back on.)
  3. If you're using a mobile device, reboot it and then try the firmware update again.
  4. If you still can't update your firmware, try using a different device if you have one available. For example, if you're using a computer try a mobile device. If you're using a mobile device, try the firmware update on your computer instead or a different mobile device. If you're using a different (second) device for the first time, see Why is my tracker only syncing with one mobile device?

Hope that helps!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi there, i could not see the icon you mentioned at my lower right corner in my computer screen. May I know how did you install it? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Alex0405! I replied to you on the thread Cannot update firmware. I'll be continue assisting you there if you have more questions. 

See you around! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

this was of no help whatsoever

Best Answer
0 Votes