Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip with multiple resets, yesterday data and time off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We have 4 fitbit zips in the house (Christmas gifts 2016) and all four seem to be malfunctioning on a regular basis.  They reset themselves mid-day or don't reset at all for a new day.  They are constantly indicating low battery even a day or two after putting in a new battery.  A couple also seem to have trouble keeping time accurately.  They are all of course past warranty now but I would love if anyone has suggestions for how to get them to work properly.  My husband is already on top of the bending of the tap to make sure contact is happening.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

How you doing my friends? Welcome @postureperfect, @dbeau57 and @jroe45Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing your experience with Fitbit Zip. As you mentioned @postureperfect, the first thing that we need to check is that the little metal contacts on the back of it are well positioned; you can check some helpful information in this post. Also, check if the back is clean and that the battery door is not broken or loose. Other tips:

• Place the battery back into the tracker with the "+" side facing up, and close the door.
  • Buy a 3V coin battery, CR2025.
  • Try to sync your Fitibt before changing the battery since data could be lost if your tracker if is not synced. If the battery is loose, it might be causing that data lost that you've mentioned and the issues with the time.

If that's not working, we might have to check what is the next options with our support team.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

I'm having a similar problem.  Five minutes ago my tracker read over 8000 steps.  Now it's saying I only have 2600!

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  Had the same problem about a month ago,  but finally got it to work.  Today it started doing it again.  Went from 5500 steps to 3300 steps then to 0.

Best Answer

How you doing my friends? Welcome @postureperfect, @dbeau57 and @jroe45Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing your experience with Fitbit Zip. As you mentioned @postureperfect, the first thing that we need to check is that the little metal contacts on the back of it are well positioned; you can check some helpful information in this post. Also, check if the back is clean and that the battery door is not broken or loose. Other tips:

• Place the battery back into the tracker with the "+" side facing up, and close the door.
  • Buy a 3V coin battery, CR2025.
  • Try to sync your Fitibt before changing the battery since data could be lost if your tracker if is not synced. If the battery is loose, it might be causing that data lost that you've mentioned and the issues with the time.

If that's not working, we might have to check what is the next options with our support team.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so sorry I got this ZIP my old Flex as perfect

Best Answer

Hi @sparkie51! Thanks for posting your comments here! Sorry to hear about your Zip. Can you please give me more details of what is going on with your Zip and if you've tried the steps above.

I'll be more than glad to keep assisting you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I went on the chat line and the rep was fantastic and I am so happy with my ZIP! I was impatient but it all worked thanks for the reply
Best Answer

My zip is several years old and recently won't sync to my phone or track my steps.  I keep getting the 5.90 reset signal when I tap it so I lose whatever steps I had.  I have replaced the battery and this is still happening.  What is the lifetime of a zip?  Do I need to purchase a new one?

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @sparkie51, I'm glad to hear that you're back on track! Smiley Happy

@KathrynF Thank for posting your inquiry here. Fitbit trackers were designed to work for a long period of time, but we don't have an estimated period of time; since it will depend on a lot of factors. You can check the syncing steps suggested here: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

In regards to resets that you keep getting please check these tips on how to clean and check the correct position of the battery, since the metal parts that are located on the back of your Zip might be misplaced.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes