Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In November my Fitbit Zip stopped allowing me to logon and sync my device. When I try to logon to sync and see my steps I receive an error message saying I am not authorized.  I can log into my account. My fitbit uses a dongle on my desktop computer to sync. The help desk informed me that due to "upgrades" by Fitbit I can no longer use a desktop computer.  This makes no sense to me but that was all I could get from the help desk.  Does anyone know what is going on with this?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Phillip2023  as of October 13, 2022 the Window computer app will no longer work. There is no workaround for this. You need a compatible device in order to use the Fitbit. click to learn more.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
Since I do not have an Android device, omly a Windows computer I guess Fitbit is no longer available to me. That's too bad. I like my Fitbit Zip.

Phil Dahlstrom
Best Answer

They don't care.  Reported numerous times and all they tell you is get a new device.

Best Answer
It is not a matter of not caring. Apparently, Fitbit does not support the Windows operating system now so any new device I get will not work. I only have Windows desktop computers. The Help Desk person could only say Fitbit devices would not work on a desktop computer. They apparently did not understand that it is the Windows operating system that is not supported. I will use my Zip as a pedometer until it stops working then decide what to do. I like my Zip and do not, at this time, care to have a fitness monitor watch and a nAndroid device.

Phil Dahlstrom
Best Answer