Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have not been able to sync steps since February. Weight and water are entered manually and those sync. Note - zip DOES register my steps, but it does not sync. This is my 2nd post (with more details).

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

They do not answer and the instructions say to turn blue tooth on and off and that doesn't work either.  Perfectly willing to sell new but won't support what you already have.  Wish you well.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Because of this I have decided to ditch my fitbit. But I am still getting
fitbit community messages. Can anyone tell me how I stop these emails?

Julie
Best Answer

Hi @RonLundin have you gotten your Zip to sync? Not sure if you saw the article on what to do when you have trouble syncing.

@kathdnichthe Zip was retired several years ago and Fitbit is no longer selling them. You try removing the battery to restart the Zip? This area of the forum is not monitored by Fitbit, so you might wait longer for someone to stop by to offer some suggestions. You can always contact customer support, too.

@Tenstepsif you ditched your Fitbit, did you also remove the app from your phone? That will stop the messages. Let us know.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  I contacted support and the answer was that they are not supporting the device and that I should buy a newer fitbit.  The Zip works fine.  Google did something to the sync software to make it stop syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @BisonM8ke  pretty sure Google didn't do anything to stop the syncing. As long as you have a compatible smartphone or tablet and keep a fresh battery in the Zip, it should work. Fitbit won't be updating the firmware on the Zip, since it's been retired for quite some time. Could be these little Zips do wear out over time. My friend has a Zip and it must be six years old or so. It does give some issues syncing, but it still syncs and keeps track of steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply. I did not know that the Zip was no longer available or updated. I see that Fitbit has a workaround. I can buy a tracker/watch and an accessory to make it behave like a Zip. I seldom wear a watch, so I like something I can attach to my clothing throughout the day. So, I will keep my Zip for a while and eventually migrate to their workaround. I have years of data with Zip and I would like to maintain it in the Fitbit environment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RonLundin  my friend has a new in the box Zip, but by the time the one in use fails, it will be too old to update the firmware. I think the hardest thing for a Zip user with a different style Fitbit would be having to charge it instead of popping in a fresh battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay. That is a helpful note. When I make the change, I will charge the Zip replacement at night. I use it to track my steps. Then I manually input my weight and water consumption. I am quite basic in my needs! Will I still be able to track weight & water on the Fitbit app? Tied into this question, will be data stay intact as long as I stay with Fitbit but use different devices? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RonLundin  I'm with you on the simplicity of a device. I don't use all the bells and whistles of my Luxe. Your history remains no matter which Fitbit you're using as long as you set it up with the same user name and password. Nothing will really change and you'll be able to keep track of your weight and water on the app. I've had several different styles of Fitbit over the year and never lost my historical data. These rechargeable Fitbits don't need but about two hours to be charged, so don't leave it on the charger for too long. You can charge it while showering or watching a movie.

Best Answer
0 Votes