Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip won't synce, error 400 message!!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just was recently given a used FitBit Zip. I set is up yesterday on my iPhone using the app, and everything seemed to be going great. However, today, the app informed me that an update was needed for the Zip, and it wouldn't sync until this was resolved. Tried to update, and got an Error 400 message. Did some searching online, and followed ALL troubleshooting options...still no solution! I even tried to reset the device to my phone...NOPE! I am not looking for someone to give me the same nonsense about troubleshooting. I am looking for actual answers.

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @andy12798

According to Fitbit Moderator @MarcoGFitbit you need to update the app on your phone. Click to read the post he made.

Update the app, then try setting up the Zip.

Let us know what happens.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer

Both my app and phone are fully updated! Still nothing. I am really close to just throwing the **ahem** thing in the trash.

Best Answer

Have you tried doing the update on a computer?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer
Yes I have...same problem. And my computer is up to date too!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @andy12798. It's great to have you here. Cat Happy

Thanks for the help @Odyssey13! Thank you for your efforts while trying to resolve this issue @andy12798. Please be so kind to try setting up your Zip as a replacement device. If this doesn't help, follow @DerrickFitbit's instructions to resolve the 400 error. This should get you back on track. 

I'll be around! Smiley Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I appreciate the efforts, but nothing is working. I am sorry to say this, but I have given up on Fitbit. It is very clear to me that the device itself is the problem, and nothing else. Too many bugs with Fitbit to justify my continued attempts use it. There are many other apps out there that are far better quality than this one. 

Best Answer

Hi @andy12798, thanks for getting back and for all the steps that you've tried; you've done an excellent job. Thanks a million for your patience. I understand how you feel, sorry for all the trouble to start using  your Zip. I have contacted our support team to request a ticket for this. They will be contacting you shortly. 

I  hope they can find out what is happening so you can use your Zip. Let me know if you have questions.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Was your problem ever resolved? I am having the exact same problem

Best Answer
No. I just gave up on it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi @carab3 and @andy12798! Thanks for reaching out the Forums. I appreciate the time you've taken in order to troubleshoot this syncing issues. 

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We’re aware of it, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we're working on this.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Answer