Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip work on a treadmill?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will Fitbit track zip steps on a treadmill or elliptical?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Alimyersrn, it's really nice to see new faces around. Welcome! Smiley Happy

This is a good question. I'd like to mention some information that might clarify how Zip works. Fitbit devices use a 3-axis accelerometer to understand your motions. This implementation allows the accelerometer to measure your motion in any way that you move, making its activity measurements more precise than older, single-axis pedometers. Fitbit devices have a finely tuned algorithm for step counting.

The algorithm is designed to look for motion patterns that are most indicative of people walking. The algorithm determines whether a motion's size is large enough by setting a threshold. If the motion and its subsequent acceleration measurement meet the threshold, the motion will be counted as a step. If the threshold is not met, the motion won’t be counted as a step.

To help with the accuracy of your Zip ensure that you’re wearing your it in the correct location. For more information on how best to wear your Zip, see How do I wear my device?  As a piece of advice, if you're getting different readings, we have to take in count that if you are holding the bars it might loose some steps.

If you need more details about the accuracy of your Zip, take a look this article: How accurate are Fitbit devices?

Let me know if you have more questions.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes