Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changed battery in zip, but not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone help?  My zip turned off yesterday and wouldn't come back on.  I tried changing the battery, and it will come on for about 1 minute, then turn off.  I have taken the battery out and cleaned the contacts, and still nothing. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @Kathyb458, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Robot Happy

Thanks for the steps that you already tried, you've done an excellent job; those are the correct steps for this issue. Have you tried to check if the little metal contacts are not bent? Maybe that's what is avoiding to make an appropriate contact with the device.

zip.PNG

Let's give it a try and please keep me posted.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @Kathyb458, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Robot Happy

Thanks for the steps that you already tried, you've done an excellent job; those are the correct steps for this issue. Have you tried to check if the little metal contacts are not bent? Maybe that's what is avoiding to make an appropriate contact with the device.

zip.PNG

Let's give it a try and please keep me posted.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I have tried that, and I put a brand new battery in yesterday, and last night it stopped.  This morning it came back on, but is now saying a low battery.  It is brand new.  What else can I do.  I am going to try a new battery this afternoon when I get to the store.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Kathyb458. Sorry that your Zip is not working as it should. Did you try a new battery set? Does it work? Please let me know, so I can check with our support team what is the next step in your case.

I'll be around.

Best Answer

I did put a new battery in the Zipbit, but still nothing.  It will work for about 10 seconds, then when I move it, it stops, then nothing for about 2 days.  Then the same, it will work for about 10 seconds, then stop.  Going to look into upgrading to a new fitbit.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back, sorry that your Zip is no longer responding. Robot Sad

We strive for excellent customer service, and customer satisfaction remains our number one goal.  I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. I hope you can find the right fit for you.

Let me know if you have questions about it. Smiley Wink

Best Answer

I would use a q-tip and some isopropyl alcohol to clean the battery and contacts. Did your fingers touch the battery? Then check the contacts as requested above.

Best Answer

It sounds as a fantastic idea @Rich_Laue! Thanks for sharing it! Robot Happy

Best Answer

I just put a new battery in my zip 2 weeks ago and it keeps fluctuating - working fine/not so good.

What is up with that?  BTW it is a new zip (my third one)!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please see @YojanaFitbit solution post above, you are seeing the classic symptoms of bent tabs.

Best Answer

Hi @schmidtfrau nice to see you here. Our good friend @Rich_Laue has a good point there. Can you please try those steps. Hope it helps.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I left the zipbit alone for a few days while I was away.  I came back and try moving the small metal clips and guess what, it worked!!!  Yeah! I have missed having my fitbit.  Thank you all for your help in getting this fixed.

Best Answer

It makes sense and I think it worked...I have experienced this before and I found it was an easy fix, however this time it was more difficult.  I usually clip my Fitbit on my waist and that means that I am constantly shifting it from one piece of clothing to another.  I think that is part of the problem.  Any thought of developing a Fitbit that has a charger? 

This problem would go away and It would also make it more economical - batteries are expensive and I am finding myself changing it out about 3 times a year.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @Kathyb458 and @schmidtfrau. I'm glad to hear that it worked for you and that you're back on track, super! Smiley Very Happy

@schmidtfrau You have a really good point. Thanks for sharing your comments, I'd like to encourage you to post a comment in this request: New clip trackerThis is a great way to make your voice heard! You can also make your own suggestion if you wish here.

One thing to note, it's always best to search for your idea first to see if another customer has suggested it before creating a new one. This eliminates duplicate feature suggestions. The more votes an idea receives, the better chance it has of getting implemented!

Let me know if you have questions about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes