Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

battery on zip has a line across it

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit is really new, it has a full battery showing and it is counting my steps but the battery has a line through it and now it's not syncing to my computer.  Has this happened to anybody before.  I like it syncing to my computer and would like it get fixed right away.  Thank you!

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Hi there @Brownfry4Apologies for the delayed response. I recommend you do a restart to your tracker in order to correct this issue. Also, make sure that you are using a new 3V coin battery CR2025. If you continue to have the same issue, please contact our Support Team so they can further investigate and provide a solution.

Good luck! Woman Very Happy

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer

Hi, I just got my Fitbit zip last week and put the battery in that came with it. Now it is showing a battery with a line through it. When I check it says full charge. How do I reset my Zip?

Thanks

Jayne

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BabyJayne thanks for joining us! To restart your Zip, please do the following:

1. Open the battery door using the battery door tool and remove the battery.
  2. Wait 10 seconds.
  3. Place the battery back into the tracker with the "+" side facing up, and close the door.

Your Fitbit Zip is now restarted. You will see your tracker's version number, followed by a series of Fitbit Smilies. When you tap your tracker, it should work normally. Let me know if this works! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

My husband has a new zip and is having the same problem.  It is less than 3 weeks old and says the battery is full, but has the line across the battery.  I have tried resetting it twice, but no luck clearing the low battery notification.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kathy7700 thanks for joining us! By what you are describing it made me think that perhaps the side spring on your husband's Zip may be bent as a result of improper battery insertion or pressure being applied to the back housing. Please verify that there is proper contact between the battery and the battery contacts inside your husband's Zip tracker. 

You can do this by opening the battery door of the Zip, removing the battery, and ensuring that the silver battery tab located in the lower right half of the tracker is flush with the white box outline in the tracker housing. The process can be followed here. Hope this helps, keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

To be honest, that piece is so small that I can barely see it, let alone be able to see if there is something mis-aligned.  What I don't understand is that the zip was fine for two weeks and just developed this issue yesterday morning.  I suppose we will just try a new battery and if that doesn't fix it we will return it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MariamV - Put a new battery in and it appears to be fine now. Either the battery that came with it was bad or the unit is draining at a crazy rate. I will keep an eye on it for him. Thanks so much!

Best Answer

I had same problem, fairly new two month or less, tried all the resets below, none worked but new batt seemed to will try to sync now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

just changed battery and tried to sync and it worked fine now, thanks for all the info above

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine was about two months old, tried all the resets, but battery change did the trick

Best Answer

@Kathy7700 & @Pencil thanks a million for getting back to me with awesome news! So glad to read that you guys are now back on track. Feel free to post back!

On a different note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions Section in the Community. In there you'll find lots of interesting topics and be able to make hundreds of Fitbit friends. Happy stepping guys!  Smiley Happy Heart

Best Answer

Hi there MariamFitbit,

I am having the same problem as the other girl with a line through the battery.  I don't have a tool to open the FitBit up, any ideas on where to get one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

If you don't have the little tool to open it you can use a butter knife. Just please be careful not to hurt yourself.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A butter will not fit in the tiny holes or am I supposed to pop the entire
back off? FitBit charge HR?

--
*JENNIFER*

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

Use a coin 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your input @BabyJayne!

@jennjones thanks for getting back to me! I'd also use a coin, just like @FITKID490391 suggested.

Good luck and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just use a coin

Best Answer

I am having the same issue after updating the firmware on the fitbit. I purchased 2 batteries and happened to both batteries. It will work fine for about a week then as soon as the battery with the line through it appears - the device will stop syncing. I have to reset the fitbit almost on a weekly basis. Why is that?

Best Answer
0 Votes