Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Zip not syncing

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

Me too what's up.

Best Answer

Mine too, since last evening the app can't seem to find the tracker

Best Answer

I had no trouble until today. I can enter water and food but no sync. Seems app can't find the zip.

Best Answer

Same for me. Didn't sync last night and not today, either. It's up to date. What's happening?

Best Answer
Used laptop. Sync ok. Then tried phone and this time it worked
Best Answer
0 Votes

Recent Android Fitbit Zip App updates are now causing this common problem where it is 'Looking for Device' but inevitably results in 'No Device found' on Samsung Android 8.0.0 devices like the Samsung S7 and S7 edge, until the battery is removed/reinserted on the Zip.

This is not a hardware problem, since syncing via Windows dongle still works as expected and Android comes back to life after Fitbit Zip reset (verified on two different Fitbit Zips and Samsung S7/S7 Edge phones).

[Edit] Additional Info:
Verizon Samsung S7 and S7 Edge (Android 8.0.0/Kernel 3.18.71/Build R16NW.G935VVRUACSF2)
Fitbit Android App v3.3.1 Aug 15, 2019

Best Answer

Again I took out battery and it did sync but same problem again...this is crazy

Best Answer
worked once but not twice...FIX PROBLEM
Best Answer

Fitbit says it is an Android problem not the Fitbit software. Works on laptop or pc but not phone. Total pain.

Best Answer
Can you tell me how to sync on laptop
Best Answer
0 Votes
Download Fitbit app from the site . You need a " dongle' ( came with zip)
. Set up and Add the device you are using. Then it's pretty much the same.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Could this be the problem? https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2019/06/12/microsoft-windows-10-upgrade-update-security-pro...

I am having the same trouble as hundreds of other users.  Cannot sync.

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sounds like a problem...but not this. It sounds like a Fitbit/ Android
problem.
Best Answer

iphone folks have their own litany of similar complaints. So maybe it does come back to Fitbit needing to work on their software.

Best Answer
But happens again. Every time try to use phone. There must be a solution or
do all we Android users just toss out our zips and use other trackers that
work.
Best Answer

I have an iphone and it is saying I have done more steps than I have done. I done 12.000 thereabouts yesterday and when I put my zip on today it said I had done 18,000. The zip uses resets to zero after midnight but mine hasn't been doing. It looks like they've updated the app and made a hash of it. The dashboard on the app has changed as well.

Best Answer

I have done that. Still not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My zip stopped syncing on 8/19.   I tried taking the battery out and putting it back in.   It did not sync.  I then replaced with a new battery even though the zip showed the existing battery was fine.  It then synced but only that one time.  It hasn't synced again since.   I have an iPhone.   I think the problem is on Fitbit's end.  Reading this discussion it looks like it isn't syncing for Android devices, too.  

Best Answer