Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Sync after Samsung System Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the latest Samsung Security System Update both my mother's phone and my phone can no longer sync with the fitbit. I've tried everything that has been recommended on the web. Can anyone help?

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62

Someone please help as I'm having the same problem

Walt

@Lbierl wrote:

Since the latest Samsung Security System Update both my mother's phone and my phone can no longer sync with the fitbit. I've tried everything that has been recommended on the web. Can anyone help?

Best Answer

Same problem!! SAMSUNG update last night.. now my Fitbit zip won't sync...  😡

Best Answer

Same here, don't know what to do

Best Answer

Same problem.  I restarted my Zip yesterday and it synced, but now I'm having the same problem again today.  I'm not going to restart it every day!!!

Best Answer

Same here.   😕

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Lbierl, @Pstodd and @Debbie310. Nice to see you here @waltbros@BarbaraV58 and @WarAxe.

Thanks for updating your phones and for all the steps that you've tried until now! If you're having syncing issue with your Zip after the update, please confirm that you've tried the following steps on your Android: 

1. Restart your tracker a couple of times and make sure that it is fully charged
  2. Reboot your phone and check that you phone and Fitbit App is up to date 
  3. Open Bluetooth Settings on your phone and delete your Surge from there (forget device)
  4. Open Fitbit App > Account > Zip > Remove device (tap on the trash can in the upper right corner)
  5. Reboot your Bluetooth and double check that it is not connecting from there
  6. Force quite the App. Open it again Account > Set up a device

Check your phone Permissions and leave location on to keep syncing and getting notifications with your phone, for more info check this suggestions from @ErickFitbitSmiley Wink

If that doesn't work let's check some requirements that your phone and Zip should have in order to successfully communicate:

Requirements:

• For Android phones: to help improve the delivery, go to Notifications and make sure Enable Notification Widget is on. If you recently updated the Fitbit app, reboot your mobile device and try setting up notifications again.
  • Make sure the Do Not Disturb setting on your mobile device is turned off because it prevents the device from sending notifications to your tracker.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your mobile device is on. To check, tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  • If you use more than one Bluetooth phone, tablet, or computer to sync, the other one isn't nearby (or has Bluetooth disabled).
  • Your tracker's battery should be fully charged.

If the suggested above is not working, it might be that you're having this syncing issues due to the latest Android version, some users have reported some issues with Android 9.0 (Pie) version. If that's the case, we appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. In the meantime, I'd suggest to sync your tracker with a different device or a PC, so you don't loose your data and you can keep the time on your Fitbit.

Thanks for checking that information, please keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried all of the above several times. My fitbit zip started to not sync AFTER the software update on my Samsung phone on Saturday morning. It only syncs when I take the battery out and put it back in. I can not keep taking the battery out to sync it every day. The slot is starting to wear down due to me having to take it off everyday. It is getting harder and harder to get it off. I do not have another device to sync it to. It will not properly pair to my phone. I have the Samsung Galaxy S9+. I did read that I am NOT the only person whom this is happening to. You need to rectify this issue ASAP for everyone whom is having issues, not just myself.
Best Answer

I'm also having this issue. I've tried everything suggested on this forum, and on forums from 2 years ago! I'm not sure what more to do. It is extremely frustrating!!!! This has to get fixed.

Best Answer

I am honestly so encouraged to find this thread because I thought it was just me and that something might be wrong with my Fitbit. I've contacted Fitbit support twice and was essentially encouraged to buy a new Fitbit device because we've exhausted all other options. I didn't connect the update to my problems, but that makes total sense! My Fitbit synced perfectly fine until it didn't, apparently after the update. 

I have tried everything -- every single thing -- on the troubleshoot page, including checking the list of known bugs, my device is supported (it is, and it has worked fine for 2 months prior to this), reinstalling my Fitbit app, re-setting up my Fitbit Zip through the app, restarting my phone and resetting my device by removing the battery (this last one is the only thing that works). Otherwise, it won't sync at all. I agree with one of the other comments that resetting my battery ever night is not an option!

So, I hope Fitbit is working on this issue...

Best Answer
I hope they fix it also,the only thing that works for one time is taking the battery out of the zip and putting it back in but I cannot continue to do that eitherSent via the Samsung Galaxy S9, an AT&T 5G Evolution smartphone
Best Answer

Yes, I've tried all of these.  It will work once after I do the restart, but I refuse to take the battery out every day - that's ludicrous. The groove to open up the back is wearing out.  This problem started after the latest Samsung S9+ system update.  FitBit needs to figure out what has caused this problem and fix it ASAP.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Forums @Pstodd@MelaD@MissyBee37@Debbie310 and @BarbaraV58. it's nice to see new faces around. 

Thank you for following the TS steps that @YojanaFitbit has shared with us. And for letting us know about the steps that have worked for you. 

Our team works constantly to correct issues that arise and sometimes it takes time to find the root and resolve the issue.

I really appreciate your feedback and invite you to keep on visiting our community. 

Best Answer

Having the exact same issue as everyone else. Glad to see it's not just me!! Hope the issue gets solved soon!!!

Best Answer

I'm disappointed with FitBit's response to date.  I'm not holding out hope that they're really working on this.  I'm guessing they informed Samsung, and have left it in their court... Maybe not.  But the lack of communication is very frustrating.  Luckily I do have my laptop that I can fire up every few days to record my activity.  But I know once I go on vacation, away from my laptop, I'm out of luck... 😞 

Best Answer

Thank you for getting back to us @Stefaniek82 and @BarbaraV58. I apologize for the delayed response and will be glad to assist you with your syncing inquiry.

I appreciate your comments and feedback. Our team is actually working to fix these syncing issues. I know our responses are not what you expect since the issue is still there but I really appreciate your patience. 

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having this issue with my Galaxy Note 8. Is there anything I can do to fix it? 

Best Answer

Andrea - Can you really assist me with my syncing issues?  Or is that just a canned response?  It's been over three weeks now.  If FitBit can't fix the Samsung issue, just tell us.  Then I can look at other companies' trackers to see if they will sync properly.

Best Answer
Sorry, I cannot help you. I am not from Fitbit. You need to contact them.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for visiting the forums @Skye1592@BarbaraV58@Pstodd. Welcome! I apologize for the delayed response and appreciate your feedback.

Thank you for your comments. Our team is working to fix this situation. You can continue checking help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

I appreciate your patience and keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes