Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Sync after Samsung System Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the latest Samsung Security System Update both my mother's phone and my phone can no longer sync with the fitbit. I've tried everything that has been recommended on the web. Can anyone help?

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62

Can Fitbit confirm that this is being looked into ? If it carries on much longer we will be forced to purchase a different brand. There are three of us in our house all with Fitbit products and Samsung phones.  Maybe there is a techy consumer body that will be interested to look into this and find answers and force the issue.... it's bad press but maybe that's what is required.

Best Answer
I now have reason to believe that it has to do with the software update on my phone on 2/23/19. I will be getting in contact with Samsung later today or tomorrow.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem, same steps to correct the problem, same results. I suspect they have discontinued the Zip and are no longer invested in supporting the ones that are still around. Its no longer sold on their website, which is a bad sign. I think those of us who still have the Zips are S.O.L.

Best Answer
If your phone had an update recently, it might be that that is causing the issue.. I have reason to believe that it has to do with the update.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the FitBit has retired the Zip, I purchased an Inspire and a Inspire "Clip" so I can use the Inspire like a Zip and I no longer have a sync issue with my Galaxy S9.

Best Answer

Can someone from FitBit confirm if this is true that the company is no longer supporting the Zip? I've seen two comments now referring to retiring the Zip. Is it true that because the Zip is no longer sold, we won't have software access to sync the Zip anymore? If so, that's extremely disappointing and frustrating. My Zip is only 2 years old and worked perfectly until February. If that's the case, and we weren't even told, I absolutely would not buy a FitBit product as a replacement. I don't invest in a product like this with the expectation it'll be abandoned in a couple years. So, I hope that is not the case.

Best Answer

If the Inspire is another FitBit product, I will pass.  I just bought the Zip a year ago - I'm not going to give any more money to a company that won't support its products.  Time to go shopping.

Best Answer

YojanaFitbit, has there been any progress in the two months since your post on the efforts to resolve the Fitbit Zip synchronization issues with Android 9.0 (Pie) version?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Samsung Galaxy Note 8 had a software update on April 8, and since then I have not able to sync my Fit Bit Zip to my phone. Never had an issue before. I have followed your previous posts and have done all the steps and still my Zip will not sync with my phone. Any updates to this problem that looks like has been on going for months??

Best Answer
HiFitbit advised that they do not support the product through the Note 8 despite it previously working ok. 
April
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
I think we've been left hanging in the wind. I donated my Zip to a friend
who doesn't care that it doesn't sync and abandoned FitBit the same way
they abandoned me.
Best Answer

I agree! Guess the Samsung Health App on my phone will be my new tracker. BYE BYE Fit Bit!

Best Answer

Yes, I gave up thinking FitBit would fix the Zip sync problem once they sent me an email offering the Inspire, which you can wear on the hip.  I don't really want to buy another model, but I can't find another type that will work with Smartphone apps.  But then I have to wonder, how long will this new model work?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

How long do we have to wait for the fix as it is driving me mad unpairing my zip, taking out the battery and pairing it again each night. Please help Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has your problem been fixed and if so how? Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No it has not.

--
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi all they have offered is 25% off certain Fitbits which I don't want. I like my Zip

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I used a FitBit ZIP for 6 years, since March of 2013. During those 6 years Fitbit was kind enough to replace my Zip twice free of charge for battery issues. Since they no longer support the Zip I figured since they were good to me I would purchase an Inspire and the optional "clip" so I can clip it to my belt. All I need is to count my steps and this combination works great for me.

Walt

Best Answer
0 Votes
You have to count your steps? Doesn't the Inspire do that for you?

--
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for that that's probably the reason they're telling me to get a new one is because they don't support the zip anymore.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes