Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit zip: how to set up

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently got a fitbit zip for free through my work. I tried to set it up and have some questions. Am I supposed to take the little slip of paper out of the zip before I put the battery in? I put the battery in and closed the zip door but my fitbit did not come on or anything like it was supposed to. it may just be a faulty battery but I just received my zip last week and opened it on the same day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the forums @bmad93

Here is a link to the Zip user manual and related articles - click to go there.

I'd remove the piece of paper, as it's probably keeping the battery from making contact.

Let us know what happens.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @bmad93! Thanks for sharing your experience with your Zip tracker. As @Odyssey13 mentioned you need to remove the paper inside your Zip to ensure that there is proper connection.

To setup your tracker you can check the Zip User's manual or the help article How do I set up my Fitbit device?  Also I'd like to kindly advise you to vote for @user’s post. Votes contribute to a positive reputation in the community. Earning votes and giving votes also factors into the Community Rank and the possibility to land a spot on the Most Helpful Authors list, located at the bottom right of every discussion category page.

I hope to see you around more oFten! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer