Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 Day total not updating

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, my 7 day total isn't updating in my ios app. In the past few hours I've walked a couple thousand steps and my total is still showing the same number. I've reset my tracker, reinstalled the app, and restarted my phone, but the count still isn't going up. Any other fixes I can try?

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

I did that yesterday too and it eventually worked. I don’t want to have to do that every day though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! I hope you're having a great day and a great weekend. Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting us know about this situation. We experienced some issues on February 14th and 15th where the total steps and steps from Challenges and Leaderboards were not updating correctly. Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this situation has caused. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. Additionally, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Thank you for letting us know that Fitbit are aware of the problem. I look forward to when it’s resolved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Les12, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your patience and understanding with this matter, please note that even if I don't have specific timeframe for this situation to be resolved, our team is working towards finding a prompt and proper resolution. 

Thanks again for your patience; in the meantime, if there's anything else I can help you with, please don't hesitate to reply, I'll be happy to help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
All working again now.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lochlong, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know this issue has now been resolved for you. I'm really glad. Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just noticed mine is doing the same thing. Mine shows I have in the 18000 range but when I count them up for the last 7 days it is in the 40000 range. I tell myself it doesn’t matter I know the truth. But deep down it does matter because I’m competitive and I want my friends to know the right amount. 😉

Best Answer

I’m encountering the same issue today. I’ve reset my Fitbit Alta HR, deleted and re-downloaded the Fitbit app, and restarted my iPhone. My 7 days steps aren’t updating on the online dashboard either. Frustrating. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue - steps are updating on my daily total, but not my 7 day total...

Best Answer

Half the time when I hit my daily goal the app doesn’t record it in the Notification tab on the app..  in addition the weekly step total isn’t updating.  Really disappointed🙁

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think they are have tech issues!! It updates on Working here when syncing but not on the community pageWorking here when syncing but not on the community page

Not updating on Fitbit.com after syncingNot updating on Fitbit.com after syncing

Something is terrible not working since last night!!! Fitbit what is going one we would like to know!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having issues here! Fitbit was working fine up until last night.  Tech issues Fitbit?

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems like an issue with a lot of us! Very frustrating, especially when you think it’s your phone when it’s on the other end Fitbit.  Mine started last night.  Did all the troubleshooting deleting app, rebooting my HR 2, logging off. Poof.... same thing still going on! Dashboard updates only. 

Best Answer

Same problem. Dashboard doesn’t match 7 day total or average! I’ve gotten at least 10,000 daily for the past several months and I’m proud of that streak! My 7 day total says 32,000 something steps when it should be over 70,000.

I’ve tried everything from turning my phone on and off to uninstalling and reinstalling the app. 

Best Answer

This issue is happening to me too. My total for the week has not updated on the leader board 😞

Best Answer

My 7 day total just stopped working.  I have also tried all of the usual fixes (phone off, device off, etc).  Have you found a fix for this yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope... frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

It just passed midnight my time and my 7-day total on the top of my dashboard shows 66,440 steps, which is accurate. However, on my friends leaderboard just below it, I'm only getting credit for 51,047. That's a pretty significant difference. 

What's going on? Those are both supposed to be 7-day totals so they should match.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's happening again since yesterday. 7 day step total not updating after syncing..is there another fault and has it been looked at by your engineers? its just not me but myfriends totals are also not updating or taking a few hours! hope this gets resolved soon, thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes, mine is doing that too. And agree with you 100%. Hope they resolve this issue

Best Answer
0 Votes