Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active minutes keep disappearing on the Fitbit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Active minutes are showing up on my Inspire HR but they keep disappearing on the Fitbit app. I’ve uninstalled the app. Rebooted my Fitbit not sure what else to try. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone! Thank you for your updates in this thread.

@SunsetRunner @Johnpstu Thank you for confirming that the issue has been resolved with the new app update 3.39. I appreciate your time and feedback!

For the ones that keep experiencing this issue, please update your app when possible: How do I update the Fitbit app?

Hope this helps!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
59 REPLIES 59

I did the latest update today and now it will not sync my active minutes.  Anyone else having this issue?

Best Answer

My Fitbit device shows 234 active minutes, the website shows the same. When I go to the app it shows 0. I pulled to refresh it showed 234 for 2seconds then disappeared back to 0 active minutes. This has only happened today since the new update this AM

any suggestions. Anyone else noticing this?

Best Answer

Updated iPhone to v3.37 yesterday and active minutes won’t remain. It blinks the correct minutes and disappears.  I have tried turning off FitBit hardware and Bluetooth, but neither has worked. Removing app and reinstalling removes all the data so that is not an option. Any recommendations?

Best Answer

Since the most recent update (2/1) the app no longer tracks active minutes. It will show them for a moment and then take them away. It shows as I did a workout but the active minutes stay at zero. Seems to be a glitch with the update. Anyone else? I have an iPhone 7. 

Best Answer

I’m having the exact same issue. I think it’s a glitch with the new update. It’s frustrating.

Best Answer

Hi @neomom - you can tap Community (at the top of the screen) then type your inquiry into the search line to see if anyone else has this issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @AtHea.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I recommend trying the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and log back in to your account.

I'll be around if you need further help.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Johnpstu.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I understand how you are feeling and recommend trying the following:

3. Reboot your phone.

I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution, please keep an eye on your inbox.

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue. Did log off and back on did not correct the issue. The minutes show initially when synced but quickly disappear 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Kfm1523.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue. Could you please provide me with the model and OS/version of your phone so I can further investigate?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Jenna1325.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I recommend doing the following:

3. Reboot your phone.
  5. Sync your Fitbit and check the active minutes.

If the issue persists, please provide your iOS version for further investigation.

Looking forward to your comments.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an XS and 14.4 

hope that helps

Best Answer

Thank you. I did this and it did not correct the issue. I have iPhone 7 iOS 14.4. It only started doing this after the last Fitbit app update. 

Best Answer

Already tried all of this

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried all of these. The active minutes show up for like a second then disappeared. Just happened after last software update. I don’t know what else to try. Funny thing they are still showing up on the Fitbit itself and after midnight they log in for previous days active minutes just won’t show up on dashboard 

Best Answer

I have tried all the above as well with no luck. This did come about after last update. Also, syncing was slow before the update and now it even takes longer

Best Answer

IOS 14.4 and I have a iPhone 8

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this issue also. Tried all the steps you suggested. Did not help. I have iPhone XR OS 14.4.  Started with this latest update which also created an issue with the app adding extra foods on its own, delineated in other posts here on the forum. They need to fix these bugs introduced with this update. I appreciate your efforts and reply. 

Best Answer

Hi,

After updating to the latest Fitbit app via the iOS App Store, the Fitbit app no longer syncs/displays active minutes properly.

The active minutes are properly record on the device itself (I log my weight training workouts manually).  However, when syncing, the number under the lightning bolt(on the main screen) reverts to 0 after displaying properly for a short period(5-10 seconds).  In addition, on the active minutes screen, it shows 0 minutes, but after clicking on "Today" it clearly shows the bars representing the time I was active. 

Things I have tried so far: deleting the app and reinstalling it, rebooting my iPhone 12 Pro, restarting my Fitbit Charge 3, removing my Fitbit Charge 3 and pairing it again. 

Thanks for your help.

Best Answer