Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All-day Sync not working properly.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello!  I'm having an issue with all day sync on my fitbit.  The device it self is syncing properly, but only when I open the application.  I get notifications correctly, as well.  Is there a way to fix this?  What I have done in troubleshooting so far:

Deleted the app, removed the device from Bluetooth settings, reinstalled app, verified all day sync, verified connectivity through Bluetooth, can manually sync without a problem.  

I get all notifications about text messages, calendars, no issues there.  I can even control my music application through it.  But if I go on my laptop and check the fitbit dashboard it says I haven't synced in days, which throws off the emails I get with the weekly statistics

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hello @Jazap, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I would like to thank you for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far in order to resolve this issue. At this moment, I would like to suggest you to set up your device as a new device to reset the connection between your Fitbit and your phone. Note that all the information already stored in your account will remain there, however make sure to sync your device one last time before following these steps:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, try these steps and let us know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

hello, i'm having the same problem. it just started happening within the past week or two (fitbit one and iphone 8). i removed and reinstalled the app. removed my tracker and repaired. but still no all-day sync. opening the app and syncing manually works like a champ though. this is certainly more annoying than fatal, but i figured i'd post here anyway, in case others are seeing this same behavior. thanks!

Best Answer
I have found some interesting behavior and meant to reply to this post earlier. As long as I do not close the app (double tap home button and swipe the app away, a habit carried over from android) the all day sync works for at least a while. I “visit” the app once a day about to make sure it stays in resident memory and it seems to help.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @rudyb and @Jazap, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

@rudyb, I appreciate you have joined the conversation and provided your insight about this situation. At this moment, as @Jazap mentioned, please do not force-quit the app, keep it running on the background and monitor it for the next day to check if All-day Syncs disconnects or not. This information will be very helpful for us to determine what we should do next. 

@Jazap, thanks for taking the time to reply and let us know about this, I'm sure it will be helpful for other members of the Community facing the same situation.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

all-day sync seems to be working a little more, but still spotty and inconsistent. i'll start paying closer attention, and will let you know a little more about if you'd like. also, let me know if there is any troubleshooting you would like me to do. thx.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @rudyb I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your have come back and updated this thread. Thanks for the information you have provided, I'll make sure to forward it to our team so they can take a better look at this situation. Once we have more to share about this, we'll make sure to update this thread accordingly.

Thanks for your updates and report, if there's anything else you might want to add, don't hesitate to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

you're welcome.

to be more specific, i synced my phone with my fitbit a little before 7am this morning (PDT). i just refreshed my fitbit dashboard in my desktop browser, and the last sync was at 8:08am. so clearly it's working a little, but not completely. i'll check back later in the day and see if anything has changed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @rudyb thanks for taking the time to reply and update this thread. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and let us know about your findings. Please keep us updated so we can forward the information to our team. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I already syncing with all-day Sync but it is not show up sleep/wake and steps at morning then I am syncing it then it was gone with steps counts. I took restart, delete app and install again then etc. i don't understand all gone .. two week ago it was fine with charge 3 then March 25 till 28 - nothing for sleep and steps count. I saw charge 3 show me count .. thanks. (sorry i try to type asl to english - i am deaf) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed I am having similar issue. Sync seems fine but not all data is showing. In Today app, I cannot see total hours slept, wake, rem, light or deep sleep totals but I can see average sleep for week. I also cannot see number of days exercised. How do I fix?? The same as previous suggestion in thread, remove Bluetooth connection and set up as new?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday I already charged my fitbit Charge 3 battery .. i saw full battery green but I saw battery said yellow (medium) I am confuse.. Something wrong with fitbit APP Please fix it and check to test it thanks it is nothing sleep hours and you see top left battery should be GREEN not yellow medium my fitbit charge 3 said 97%it is nothing sleep hours and you see top left battery should be GREEN not yellow medium my fitbit charge 3 said 97%Yesterday it didn't update for 14 hours I am walking and clean upYesterday it didn't update for 14 hours I am walking and clean up 

Best Answer
0 Votes

annoyed that developers have not fixed the app for the iphone xs max yet i had to submit a ticket to get it to there specialized department and havent herd back yet no updates or anything to tell me why its not working correctly if i could get a reply from them id be happy to know what is going on

forgot to mention i have to manually sync atleast once an hr its really time consuming to have to do manually i have done all the basic things so i guess this is up to the devs to fix now

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the same generic response given to every single person with this issue. You guys should just send us a new non faulty one instead of giving us the run around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I never could resolve the issue for more than a week at a time..  personally I stopped using it and got an Apple Watch, which for the pat 4 months, just works.  I stopped trying to get this to resolve properly.

Best Answer
0 Votes