Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot switch to kids view on app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It has been 3 days and I still cannot switch to kids view.  When will Fitbit issue a fix for this? I have a apple phone.  It is up to date. I deleted and reloaded the app.  Shut down and restarted my phone.  Nothing works. Even contacted customer service (they offered no solution).  This seems to be a ongoing issue. May I suggest Fitbit enable kids view on a laptop.  At least we would have another way to sync our kids information during the app failure period.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

We’re dealing with this too, very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Day 3 here too. Very frustrating 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi since the Fitbit app on iOS was updated 2 days ago I have been unable to switch to child’s view, i get the spinning waiting but never changes to the view, if I move off the screen it asks me to log back into the app. I have tried logging out the app and shutting phone down and back on but still experience the same. Before the latest update it worked perfectly. Any ideas as my daughter is now losing interest as she can’t view her sleep, badges etc?! Thanks 

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem the only way that I can access their accounts is if I delete my charge 4. Then it works perfectly. It’s very frustrating to say the least.  Please let me know if you have any luck.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody, thank you for participating in the forums and sharing the details of the issue you're experiencing with switching to kid view.

I apologize to anyone who has been affected by this issue, your feedback, comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. I totally understand how frustrating this is for you and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. This issue affecting iOS users has been escalated to the team so they can further investigate and resolve it as soon as possible. I'll update this thread once I receive more details from them. Thank you for your understanding. 

Meanwhile our team is working on the fix, you may try using an Android phone or Windows 10 device to switch to kid view in the Fitbit app. To verify that your device is compatible with the Fitbit app, go to www.fitbit.com/devices.

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes please keep us updated in this issue as it’s been almost a week now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Indeed - same issue here. I have 2 kids switching back and forth and we fell into this right away. 😞

we unfortunately have no android or windows phone devices to play with. 
For the time being my kids start losing interest as they can’t take part in all ongoing competitions, which I started as a premium User. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree it is so frustrating that Fitbit has not come up with a solution my son has not yet lost interest in his Fitbit but I am losing interest in his Fitbit I’m considering getting the kids Garmin.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same. App and iPhone are up to date. Logged in and out. Restarted phone. Deleted app and downloaded again. Nothing works. So frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I posted this a few hours ago on another thread and am posting it here as well. I'm as frustrated by this as everyone else...

"Switch to Kid View" no longer works for me either.  The issue started for me yesterday, July 6th. 

Here's the process:  Launch app > Account > My Family > Switch to Kid View > app hangs > force close > launch app > sign in > Account > My Family > Switch to Kid View > app hangs > force close > delete app > reinstall app > sign in > rinse. repeat. Nothing works. It's an endless loop and an exercise in futility. 

App and device software is updated: 

iPhone/iOS software version 13.5.1

Fitbit App version:  3.24.1 (970)

This is incredibly frustrating.  We are a Fitbit family (Current devices: Versa, Ionic, Ace and Ace 2) but are seriously considering alternatives, as this is not the only problem we've encountered (devices failing/bricking just out of warranty, and the weather app NEVER works for more than a day or two on my wife's Versa and my Ionic, a long known still unresolved issue) This is just the latest issue...

These devices are too expensive to be so poorly supported.  Fitbit, Apple, I don't care who's fault it is, just please fix it ASAP.   Aside from telling time, my kids' devices are virtually useless without a working app. 

Best Answer

We are also having the same issue. It is driving my daughter crazy because she can't even tell the time with her Ace fitbit at the moment because it won't sync. Please fix this issue as soon as possible.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything and cannot get my profile to switch to my children(s) kids view. It just sits and spins. My phone and app are up to date, I have closed out the app, reinstalled the app. Rebooted my phone, checked Bluetooth...... NOTHING is working and it’s been a week of trying everything!

please help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

this is from a FItbit Moderator:

"I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that you're unable to switch to kid view. Thanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to assist you. I would like to advise that this issue has been reported to our team and they are already investigating it and looking for a resolution. I apologize for the inconvenience, your patience and understanding while this is resolved is appreciated."

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

same issue here since 7/5! So frustrating! We have tried deleting the app, logging out, turning off the phone and it still gives us the circle of death. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just checked the Apple App Store and see Fitbit released an update, Version 3.25. I installed the update and "Switch to Kid View" successfully launched.  Not all is well though, as after the Ace 2 finished syncing I cannot switch back to Parent View.  Parent view is now hanging (spinning).  This is worse than the previous defect!  I will force close, try again, and report back. Ugh.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update:
The good news is, force closing the app and relaunching it opened it Parent View.  
The bad news is, I went back into Kid View (which now seems to default to Discovery, so be sure to tap on the Today icon) and then tried Parent View again, and...you guessed it, the app is hanging and must be forced closed. 

Since the app was just updated I can't imagine uninstalling and reinstalling it will resolve the Parent View issue, but I may try it "just because" (insert facepalm). 

Best Answer

Same for me. Version 3.25 now switches to kid view but must force close and re log into for Parent view. I’m happy my sons Fitbit syncs but hope this force close and resign in issue gets resolved soon 

Best Answer

So...after uninstalling and reinstalling app, the switch to Parent View from Kid View has worked 4-5 times (had to force close once).  Dare I say, progress? Oh well, while totally annoying, at least my family devices can be synced, access to all data/functionality is restored and we're not totally dead in the water like before.  But, yeah, let's all hope this latest issue is soon resolved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is progress. I was afraid to try it in fear I would loose KidView again. Good to know that is a option

Best Answer
0 Votes