Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to use the app offline.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Would be relly helpful to be able to open app offline, now it doesn’t seem possible?

You don’t always get to have internet and the app can measure speed times and make a map of your route offline with the phones (iphone) gps once you have the app open

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Parooni, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining us. Smiley Happy

Please keep in mind that Fitbit trackers need an internet connection to sync as they update the information with our servers; the connection can be from WiFi or your cellular data. If there's no internet connection the information recorded by your tracker can't be transferred to our servers,  however it's possible for your tracker to store detailed information about your exercises and daily activity for up to 7 days, and general information up to 30. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Thanks for an answer. I knew all that stuff already.

I wanted to start an improvement because it is not always possible to have internet because of the cost when ypu r not in ypur home surroundings. Thus u don´t get all the information u want. I just entered a charity run and could not get gps readings while the app would not open offline👎

Best Answer

I have also noticed recently that without a data or Wifi connection the ios App is just a big white screen when it's loaded.

As the OP stated, it's not always possible to have a data connection if you're in the middle of nowhere.  The fitbit app used to allow exercise tracking offline.

Strangely, the app will boot up fine when in an area with data coverage and allow you to move out of coverage whilst continuing to track, it just won't boot when not in a data coverage area initially.

Sounds like a bug to me.

S

Best Answer

I just went for several days hiking in the mountains and had to revert to Runkeeper, which worked perfectly without any signal.

You can't just support people who never go outside phone coverage, or for that matter never turn off their internet or are abroad and not wanting to pay roaming. I'm a huge Fitbit fan but this is just completely stupid.

Or if you can't implement it, then at least allow inbound exercise sync from someone who does like Runkeeper.

Best Answer