Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost 10% body fat in 1 week?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can this be? My weight stayed within the same range in the last couple of weeks, but this week it's all the sudden jumped up almost 10%.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u81odurw0w3ybd5/Photo%2004-05-2017%2C%2021%2059%2041%20%281%29.png?dl=0

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @Kattp, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

This seems like a very odd situation. Unfortunately, I'm unable to check the picture you attached. Would it be possible for you to follow these instructions to add the picture in your next reply? That will be very helpful for me to investigate this situation further.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. Additionally, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marco, I tried uploading the images on mobile first. It works on desktop. See here:

2017-05-06 14.23.24.png

2017-05-06 14.23.27.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kattp, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're having a great day.

Thanks for replying to me with your screenshots, it seems very odd that the graph is showing a discrepancy in your weight and body fat. In this case I would like to suggest you to go to the weight section of the online Dashboard and check if the information is displaying correctly there. If it is, please try the following on your app:

• Force-close the app by double tapping the home button and swiping up the app, then open it again and check the graph.
  • Log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. Then, open the graph and check it again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marco,

Thank you for your reply. The online dashboard shows the same values and I followed your instructions on logging out the app/restarting my phone. The data still shows the same jump and the scale is showing the increase in body fat. My boyfriend had a similar jump, around +6%. 

Is there a way to force reset the scale?

Kat

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marco, there is still no change. =(

2017-05-29 09.55.49.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kattp, I hope you're doing well, thanks for keeping me updated regarding this situation.

In this case, in order to restart your scale, please remove the batteries on the back for 10 minutes, put them back in, place the scale on a flat surface and weight yourself 5 times. Wait for the scale to sync your weight, step down and weight yourself again.

Hope this can helps, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marco, 

we've tried this 5 times with no luck and also reset the network several time without any improvement. If anything it got more confused. 

Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Best Answer
0 Votes