Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR is not tracking sleep accurately

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit started acting up and is only capturing a couple of hours of sleep a night. It was working a few days ago just fine. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Awalter, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums. I am sorry for the delayed response.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that your Fitbit Alta HR is not tracking your  sleep accurately. Thanks for trying to resolve this and I am here to help. Autodetection is based on your movement and I recommend doing the following:

1. Please confirm that your sleep settings are normal and not sensitive: What is the difference between the normal and sensitive sleep setting in the Fitbit app?
  2. Restart your device by following the steps from this help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  3. Try sleeping with the tracker on your non-dominant hand if you haven't been doing it already.
  4. Confirm that the tracker is snug on your wrist.

It is possible to correct the sleep record from your dashboard by following the steps from this help article: How do I edit, or delete sleep logs in the Fitbit app?

You can find more information about tracking sleep here

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes