Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR not syncing correctly with app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every  few days my Alta HR app on my iPhone 6S stalls half way through a sync, and no longer allows me to add water and food, or log my hourly 250 steps in the activity section , although the correct number of steps appear in the total steps section of the app.  The action that seems to solve the issue is deleting and reloading the app, which is a chore.  Question: Does sync require a certain amount of environment space be available on the mobile device?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @JustThea, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Judging by what you've mentioned, it seems the app is not displaying the information already synced in the servers after your Alta HR finishes syncing. In this case I would like to suggest you to go to your online Dashboard and check if the information is showing correctly. If it is, please try the following in the app:

• Force-close the app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. If this doesn't seem to work:
  • Log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

This wasn't a solution, but thanks for trying.  The app never finishes syncing.  It stalls half way through.  I'm thinking it's swap space.  Can you confirm this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @JustThea. I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Did you check your online Dashboard to see if the data was synced correctly? If so, I would and if it's not, my best recommendation would be setting up your tracker as a new device in order to reset the connection between your tracker and your phone. Don't worry, this won't delete any of the information stored in the account so far. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if Alta HR is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. 
  2. Restart your Alta HR
  3. Restart your phone. 
  4. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  5. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  6. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes