Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta not receiving Notifications.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Wonder if someone can help.i gave my Fitbit Alta to my friend as i had an iwatch for my birthday.we’ve sync’d it to her phone and all ok except she’s not receiving any call or text notifications at all.ive taken it off my Bluetooth on my phone and thought as soon as she sync’d it to hers it would be ok.is anyone aware of why this is happening?tia

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

It was good on your part @Millymoo1, to have removed the Alta from your phone’s bluetooth. That’s normally the first thing I ask. Assuming your friend has an iPhone, have her check her iPhone’s Bluetooth settings to see if the Alta is listed. If it is NOT, then remove the Alta from the Fitbit app ... move to a room that has no other bluetooth devices in in ... and set the Alta up again, pairing when prompted. 

If the Alta IS listed in the iPhone Bluetooth settings, then tap HERE for tips on setting up notifications and trouble shooting problems. 

Please let us know how it goes! 

Best Answer

Thank you so much for replying.yes it does come up on her Bluetooth.. mine was an iphone but hers is an android,dont know if that makes any difference?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It would not make a difference, @Millymoo1. Please have her check out the tips I provided. The main thing is to make sure she does the set up in a room that has no other bluetooth devices in it. That can sometimes interfere with the set up. 

Best Answer