Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta not showing correct time.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Alta for about a year. I have recently gone on holiday and even though I have changed the time zone in the apps settings menu and synced the devices multiple times and even though my ipad has the correct time, my Alta still won’t show the correct time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Stratocaster35. And welcome to the Forums! In the Fitbit app on your iPad, in the advanced account settings, do you have Set Automatically” set to green (yes)? You may want to try this, rather than select a timezone. Hopefully this will fix the problem. Please let us know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Stratocaster35, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. I appreciate your help @SunsetRunner, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

@Stratocaster35, thanks for bringing this to my attention. As @SunsetRunner mentioned, please go to the Fitbit app on the device you use to sync your Alta and tap on Account > Advanced Settings and under Time Zone, enable "Set Automatically". After that, sync your tracker. If this doesn't seem to work, disable "Set Automatically and manually select your city. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried both “set automatically” and “set manually” but neither work.
Question - If my Fitbit is paired to a second device but the other device it is paired to is in a different time zone, could that cause the Fitbit to have the same problem.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I believe you figured out the source of your problem, @Stratocaster35. Try changing the time zone for the second device to agree with the first device. Then re-sync and see what  happens. That should fix it. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Stratocaster35 and @SunsetRunner, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums @Stratocaster35, thanks for providing more information related to your issue. At this moment I would like to ask you to follow @SunsetRunner recommendations and change the timezone on the second device, as this might be causing the issue. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your help I will let you know if this works
Best Answer

Hello @Stratocaster35, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for replying and let me know you will try the troubleshooting steps provided earlier. I appreciate it. 

If there's anything else I can do for you, please don't hesitate to reply, I'll be happy to help. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes