Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta not tracking Sleep Stages.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My alta is not tracking my sleep patterns for the last two days.  What could be the problem?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Tater41
Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @CW41

Could be a syncing issue 

Try some of these tips:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1866/?l=en_US&fs=RelatedArticle

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CW41, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @ACG, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@CW41, thanks for bringing this to my attention, please note that the Fitbit app currently has in-app error notifications that provide an explanation for why you aren't receiving Sleep Stages on any given night. This is meant to provide insight into what might be occurring to cause this.The error messages are the following:

1. We need more than 3 hours of sleep to reliably calculate your sleep stages. Learn more
  2. Your tracker couldn't get a consistent heart rate reading while you slept. Learn more 
  3. We couldn’t generate sleep stages for this sleep. Please try again tomorrow. Learn more

When you tap on Learn more, you will be able to get more information about why your tracker didn't record sleep stages. Additionally, I'd like to suggest the following:

• For any of the nights you were expecting to see Sleep Stages, did you ever click on the "Begin Sleep Now" or "Add Sleep Log" functions within the Fitbit App?
    • This is important to note because your tracker uses auto-detection to track Sleep Stages; so there's no need to try and remember to click on anything before falling asleep! 
  • Do you have at least 3 consecutive hours of sleep?
    • This is important to note because you typically won't see sleep stages if you are waking up multiple times through out the night or taking short naps.
  • Your tracker's battery isn't at a critically low level prior to falling asleep.
  • Your device is tracking and syncing heart rate data.
    • This is important because Sleep Stages uses a combination of your movement and heart-rate patterns. 
  • Your Fitbit App is updated to the latest version.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yet again my Alta is not tracking my sleep information.  Please help!

UPDATE:

Sleep data is not tracking.

UPDATE 2:

My Alta is not recording my sleep information.  Please fix this issue.

Tater41
Best Answer

Hello @CW41, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting me know your Alta is still not tracking sleep. First of all I would like to apologize for the misunderstanding, I thought you were using an Alta HR and not an Alta. Please note that the Alta does not track heart rate, which means it's not possible for the Alta to track Sleep Stages as Sleep Stages use a combination of your movements during the night along with your heart rate patterns.

With that said, if your Alta is not showing you a sleep log when you sync in the mornings, please restart it. Then, monitor it for the next night and if you're still not getting a sleep log, please reply to me with a screenshot of what you're able to see when tapping on the Sleep tile. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did try to restart it to no avail. I have emailed customerservice about the issue.

Christina
Tater41
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CW41, I hope you're doing well, thanks for coming back and let me know you have already contacted our Support Team. I'm sure they will be more than happy to assist you further so please continue troubleshooting with them and they will handle your case from now on. 

Thanks again for letting me know about this situation, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply 

Best Answer
0 Votes