Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta unable to receive Notifications.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got a new iPhone 8 today. I can’t figure out how to sync my Fitbit and new phone so I can be notified when I get a text message or when someone calls. Please advise - Thanks. ~AshleyCoop

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @AshleyCoop, thanks for joining us, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. Have you restarted your Alta and your phone lately? If so, I would like to ask you to try the following steps to reset Notifications in your Alta through the Fitbit app:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app 
  3. Tap on Account > Alta > Notifications
  4. When a pop-up with a "Bluetooth Pairing Required" message, tap on Set Up and continue.
  5. A new "Bluetooth Pairing Request" will appear, tap on Pair to continue
  6. Once in the Notifications menu, enable the ones you'd like to receive. 
  7. Go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:
    • Allow Notifications
    • Show on Lock Screen
    • Show in History

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Thank you for the suggestions...unfortunately it still isn’t working. I want to try it again, but am unable to “forget this device” which is step one. 

UPDATE:

Actually, I think it is working. Thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AshleyCoop, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad! Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes