Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up a tracker on iPhone coming from Android?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I change from Android setup to iphone8 setup on Alta hr

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Once your fitbit has been setup once you don't need to go through the setup again if you change phones. Instead, just download the fitbit app on the iphone and logon using the id and password you used on the android.

If this is a permanent switch it's worth deleting any bluetooth connection to the fitbit from the android.

Best Answer
I did this but not receiving any text or messages on my iPhone.what else do
I need to do?
Best Answer
0 Votes

That problem can be caused by the original phone still having a bluetooth connection but as that's no longer the case I'm afraid I'm stumped. Hopefully someone else will chip in with some ideas.

Best Answer
Thanks for your help
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mcgirl, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. @SteveH, thanks for all your help, it's always nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. As @SteveH mentioned, you don't need to set up your tracker again, when you set it up in your Android phone it got linked to your account. Once you open the Fitbit app on your iPhone, the tracker will appear already. Also, as suggested, go to your old phone's Bluetooth settings and remove the tracker from the list of paired devices. This will prevent syncing and notification issues with the iPhone. 

However, if your tracker is still not receiving Notifications after trying these steps, please try the following:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app 
  3. Tap on Account > Versa> Notifications
  4. When a pop-up with a "Bluetooth Pairing Required" message, tap on Set Up and continue.
  5. A new "Bluetooth Pairing Request" will appear, tap on Pair to continue
  6. Once in the Notifications menu, enable the ones you'd like to receive. 
  7. Go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:
    • Allow Notifications
    • Show on Lock Screen
    • Show in History

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

This did not fix my Fitbit Notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SueKayW, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums and I would like to thank you for having tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier. At this moment I would like to gather some information from you to determine which troubleshooting steps should we try next:

• Since when have you experienced this issue?
  • Which tracker/watch are you currently using?
  • Have you updated the Fitbit app recently?
  • Have you restarted your Fitbit device and your phone lately?
  • Have you tried any other troubleshooting steps? If so, which ones?

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes