Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta unable to sync with iPhone X

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Alta for almost 2 years now and just got the iPhone X. All of my other Bluetooth devices have been able to easily sync but I can't get my Alta to do so, I even contacted Verizon to assist and there was nothing they could do. I start back to work in a few weeks and compete in challenges and would like to have this set back up. I am also training for a 10K and need the support.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @skitz2032, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and let me know your Alta is syncing with the Fitbit app. Please note that your tracker will only appear on the list of paired devices under the Bluetooth settings of your phone once you have set up Notifications or All-day Sync through the Fitbit app. These two features will establish a Bluetooth link with the phone and a pop-up will appear asking you to "Pair" the tracker with the phone. 

• To enable Notifications, inside the Fitbit app go to Account > Alta > Notifications and enable them. 
  • To enable All-day Sync, inside the Fitbit app tap on Account > Alta and scroll down until you see the option to enable All-day Sync.

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @skitz2032, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. Have you restarted your Alta and your phone lately? If so, I would like to suggest you the following steps:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
hello,

I have tried all of your suggestions and my alta is syncing to my app but it is still not coming up on my bluetooth. I've restarted both my phone and my fitbit and it hasn't helped.

thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @skitz2032, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and let me know your Alta is syncing with the Fitbit app. Please note that your tracker will only appear on the list of paired devices under the Bluetooth settings of your phone once you have set up Notifications or All-day Sync through the Fitbit app. These two features will establish a Bluetooth link with the phone and a pop-up will appear asking you to "Pair" the tracker with the phone. 

• To enable Notifications, inside the Fitbit app go to Account > Alta > Notifications and enable them. 
  • To enable All-day Sync, inside the Fitbit app tap on Account > Alta and scroll down until you see the option to enable All-day Sync.

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes