Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any issues with 3.42 app version

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Saw 3.42 iOS in App Store. Anyone updated and now having issues? 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

It updated overnight for me.  Only issue I’m having is still dealing with the badge issue, where it appears I have x number of notifications but can’t seem to find any.  I was under the impression from other posts that Fitbit was working on it but I guess they haven’t released a fix yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s good to see you in the community, @Clove6060 @SunsetRunner.

@Clove6060 I understand your concern and would like to advise that updates come with new features and bug fixes and it is recommended to always keep your app up to date: How do I update the Fitbit app?

@SunsetRunner Thank you for sharing your experience. I recommend trying the following:

1. Log out of the app.
  2. Force quit the app.
  3. Restart your phone. 
  4. Log into the Fitbit app and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LiliyaFitbit Thank you.  That seemed to do the trick.

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @SunsetRunner.

I am glad to hear the issue is resolved. Thank you for posting the update here! I hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience and working on your goals. Let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can share your experiences, make new friends and create your own topics.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since I have updated I will get text messages for about a half hour before that stops. if I restart the phone or the watch, I will get another half hour of getting texts on my versa 2 then it stops ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @friedicee.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue you're experiencing since the latest app update. I understand how you are feeling about this situation. I appreciate your efforts and recommend doing the following:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
2. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone. Wait 10 seconds, then turn it back on.
3. Restart your device. For instructions, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
4. Refresh notifications: 

• In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > your device image.
  • Tap Notifications, then turn off all notifications.
  • Restart your phone.
  • Open the Fitbit app and turn notifications back on, then sync your Fitbit device.

For more information about notifications and complete troubleshooting tips, see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes.  I note that there is a new feature that shows an exercise summary on the main page of the app.  Before, to see the summary of the exercise, I would need to tap on the icon.  Now, there is a summary of the highlights of the last exercise I did.  Great new feature, BUT

I notice that when displaying a summary for lap swimming, it displays substantially more laps than I actually did, and then calculates a time per 100 yds that is extremely fast.  If I tap the exercise box, the regular screen appears, and the displayed laps and time per 100 yds is correct.

So, the new summary feature is great, but for some reason the summary information is incorrect and different than the regular summary info accessed before the upgrade.   At least, it is incorrect for swimming.

It is hard to articulate this problem, so I hope you understand what i am trying to say.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I believe that this has fixed the problem! Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Friedicee, What has fixed the problem?? Mine still is inaccurate 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am not exactly sure which order of restarting and turning off bluetooth
and turning it back on worked, but I have been connected for over a week
now without any issues. Sorry I can not be of more help.
Best Answer
0 Votes