Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App crashes and freezes when walking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can someone please help and advise

using the iOS App to track and record walks. 90% of the time there are no issues

however, recently the App during the walk freezes with zero information. This has happened on 8 to 10 occasions

it is most frustrating when completing a walk that there is zero walk info

for instance today walked approx 5 miles - heard the voice coach at the 5 mile marker - opened App to finish walk about 0.2 mile later - and no data and the App has crashed and frozen

help

this is occurring on an iPhone 6s and also on an iPhone 8

please can anyone assist

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@Angie1234 -

Just a thought - what release of the iOS FitBit app are you running?

I was having similar issues with GPS-assisted walks with my Versa 2. They went away with iOS release 3.24.

Again, just a thought.

Welcome to the boards.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Marv

and thank you for The information

all of our devices are up to date via Apple auto-update setting and after checking the versions are:

FitBit iOS 3.25.1 (977)

iPhone iOS 13.5.1

it is really frustrating as it occurs infrequently but all data is lost for that activity, plus the iPhone freezes.   It happens on my iPhone 6s and also when I use my husbands iPhone 8

regards

Angie

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Angie1234 -

Actually, the current release, as of July 24th, is 3.26.1.

My app doesn't autoupdate, probably because it isn't in the list of apps in my account page. I check for new updates periodically. 

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Marv

Big thanks 👍

After a little searching have found the update to 3.26.1 - it is slightly hidden away with no notification

The App is set for auto updates which might have updated in the next day or two

Let’s hope that the update that promises “bug fixes and stability issues” will resolve the issue

Thanks again
Angie

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having same problem ever since latest app release downloaded (currently using version 3.31(993))

Best Answer
0 Votes