Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App freezing and not syncing when Bluetooth is on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello

for the past two or three days whenever I turn Bluetooth on and go to sync my Fitbit it is totally freezing and I’ve had to refresh it loads to get it to sync. Tonight it won’t sync at all. I have tried to switch my phone on and off several times and I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled it but nothing has worked. 

Can anyone please  tell me how to fix this? Thank  you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hey there @Hollykww, it's nice to see you around the Community Forums! Thanks for already troubleshooting this syncing issue, nice way to go! Robot wink

While reading your post, the first thing that came into my mind is, what's the Fitbit app version you're running? Running old version may cause issues like this. Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date, Android version should be on 2.70 and iOS version on 2.49 as of today. 

Once you've checked that, try doing the following:

• Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone again and turn it on after 1-2 minutes 
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app
  • Sync your Charge 2

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thank you!! I have just checked and it is all up to date 🙂

I have just attempted to sync it again for the first time today and it did freeze at first but it has now synced and it looks like all my data is there.

I will attempt to sync again later and If it does this again I will try those instructions. 

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sure thing @HollykwwRobot Very Happy I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

I'm crossing my fingers so this issue won't happen again. Have a great day my friend!

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have tried everything to sync my Charge 2. The app freezes and won’t sync with the device. I deleted the app and reinstalled, still no go. Tossing this thing in the trash momentarily.

Best Answer

Hello! It has still been playing up so I’ve tried this but it’s still completely freezing and not letting me sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention guys @Hollykww @Nwnasfan! You both are in the Fitbit app for iOS, right? If so, our team is aware and currently investigating this crash/freeze inconvenience on the Fitbit app. This started happening after 2.49 update on iOS devices.

As a workaround, you may want to try deleting and reinstalling, but you mentioned that this hasn't worked for you (I try with mine and it did work). I'll make sure to keep you posted when updates are available.

I also wanted to let you know that I've moved your posts to the iOS App board since this inconvenience is more related to this board.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much!! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes
Junk!!
Was going to upgrade to an iconic. The one I have is inconsistent syncing
and logging my stats. What good is that?
Best Answer
0 Votes