Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App is losing steps when syncing.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On 7/19/17 I  completed 30k steps, I got the badge but the app recorded <30k.  This has occurred several times,  not worth paying attention to app anymore

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @GareC, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

This seems like a very odd situation, which tracker are you currently using? Have you restarted it yet?

If your app is giving you the badge but the steps are not showing correctly it's possible the information is not showing the information stored in our servers. In this case I would like to suggest you to go to your online Dashboard and check if your steps show correctly here. If they do, let's try the following in the app:

• Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone, then swipe up the app. If this doesn't seem to help:
  • Log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. 

I hope this can be helpful, if you're still experiencing the same issue, please take a screenshot of the Fitbit app and your online Dashboard and reply to me. Additionally, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply as well. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit,

I'm glad you replied to this issue with troubleshooting steps.  The problem is none of your steps helped.  i have a zip and actually bought a new one today since i've had so many problems syncing the past week. The app has 5724 steps and whenever i sync after i've earned more steps, the app changes the zip back to 5724.  The other metrics like miles and calories and minutes do update, but steps will not increase from 5724.

• i logged out of the app, restarted and logged back in.
  • i logged out of the app, force closed, and logged back in.
  • i logged into my online dashboard which also has 5724. 

This issue just started happening today, but i have not been able to sync to the app for the past week without restarting the phone or turning on/off Bluetooth setting.  Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AnnaEE, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

At this point and after trying the troubleshooting steps provided earlier, I would like to ask you to restart your Zip by following these steps:

1. Open the battery door using the battery door tool and remove the battery.
  2. Wait 10 seconds.
  3. Place the battery back into the tracker with the "+" side facing up, and close the door.

Then, try to sync your Zip again. If you're still seeing a discrepancy between the steps in the Zip, the app and the online Dashboard, please take a picture of the 3 of them so I can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience, please give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am not using a Zip, I have a Charge2 that I sync daily. Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @GareC, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding, my previous post was addressing @AnnaEE's questions about her Zip tracker. 

As mentioned in my previous post, if after trying the troubleshooting steps described in it you're still experiencing the same issue, please take take a screenshot of the Fitbit app and your online Dashboard and reply to me so I can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply! 

Best Answer
0 Votes