Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection between Charge 2 and iOS app drops constantly.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Bluetooth connection to my charge2 keeps dropping. I fix it then it's off again. Net result, both batteries are dying faster, because they keep searching for each other. I was hoping this last update would fix it, but it got worse instead of better. Hopefully this is being looked into. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @SunsetRunner, I hope you're having a great day, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Your Charge 2 does not link directly to the Bluetooth in your phone. It will only show up in the list of paired devices after you have set up Notifications in your tracker via the Fitbit app. If your Charge 2 is having trouble syncing with the app, I would like to suggest you to enable All-day Sync in order to improve the connection between your tracker and your phone. 

To enable All-day Sync, tap on the Account icon in the app, then on Charge 2 and scroll down until you see All-day Sync. Enable it and then go back to the Dashboard screen. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I understand. I can't hook up with all day sync because it won't pair, no matter how many times I try. It will sync, and pair, then 5 minutes later it won't be connected. Tried everything. Anymore solutions would be welcome. It's been better today, but still not 100%. More like 50/50

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it. Smiley Happy

At this point I would like to suggest you to restart your Charge 2 and update the Fitbit app if you haven't done it yet. If your tracker is still not syncing, my best recommendation would be setting it up as a new device to reset the connection between the tracker and your phone. Don't worry, this won't delete any of the information stored in your account so far. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is listed under the paired devices list. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Restart your phone
  3. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  4. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  5. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I already did all of what you suggested. I will try again though.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, I appreciate you have taken the time to reply and try the steps I suggested earlier. If your tracker is still experiencing issues, please let me know.

Now, in regards of the battery draining faster, our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. 

I sincerely apologize for the issues this situation has caused. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Alta, but having similar issues. It only started when the iOS update to the app was updated. My app and Fitbit seem to have difficulty communicating with one another and the app seems to struggle to refresh or sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Parkeruk1, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Have you already tried to restart your Alta and your phone? Have you also tried to set it up as a new device to restart the connection between the tracker and your phone? If so, please let me know. 

Additionally, I would like to suggest you to enable All-day Sync in order to improve the connection between your tracker and your phone. 

To enable All-day Sync, tap on the Account icon in the app, then on Charge 2 and scroll down until you see All-day Sync. Enable it and then go back to the Dashboard screen. 

Give it a try and let me know the outcome and if you need anything else, don't hesitate to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's all taken care of...for now

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm very glad your issue has been taken care of. Smiley Very Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes