Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App keeps freezing/ crashing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit app keeps freezing after loading my sleep data. Can see my data on my Mac Fitbit dashboard or even in safari on my phone, but open my app and touch sleep, and it freezes or shuts down. Did the logout/login thing with no effect. I’m currently running iOS13.1.3 but it’s happened before on previous operating systems and previous app versions. 
Please help. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello and welcome to the Fitbit Community @Misha101 

I see your Fitbit App becomes unresponsive or “crashes” when trying to view your sleep data. I would suggest restarting and force shutting the Fitbit App. 
Here’s how:

log out of the Fitbit App

force shut the app by swiping it up

now completely shut down your iOS device, wait 1-2 mins then restart your iOS device 

now log back into your Fitbit App as you normally would with your email address and password 

sync your Fitbit

now try viewing your sleep data

😃 Please let me know if restarting the iOS device resolves the issue. If indeed it does could you please tap the “Choose as Best Answer” box under my post? Doing so helps others who come here to find answers to questions similar to your own. I’d really appreciate it!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Hello and welcome to the Fitbit Community @Misha101 

I see your Fitbit App becomes unresponsive or “crashes” when trying to view your sleep data. I would suggest restarting and force shutting the Fitbit App. 
Here’s how:

log out of the Fitbit App

force shut the app by swiping it up

now completely shut down your iOS device, wait 1-2 mins then restart your iOS device 

now log back into your Fitbit App as you normally would with your email address and password 

sync your Fitbit

now try viewing your sleep data

😃 Please let me know if restarting the iOS device resolves the issue. If indeed it does could you please tap the “Choose as Best Answer” box under my post? Doing so helps others who come here to find answers to questions similar to your own. I’d really appreciate it!

Best Answer

Thanks - that worked. 

Best Answer

Your quite welcome. I’m happy your back up and running again! 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

Back here again with the same problem of app freezing!

Any long term solutions??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @Misha101 

Im sorry your experiencing issues again. Since my suggestions worked last time I would suggest following the same troubleshooting steps. Hopefully this will resolve it again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi- I’m back here again! It’s happened another 4-5 times, and yes, the steps you have given to fix the problem work, but surely this means that something is not right??!

any lfrom FitBit who can offer a ong term solution rather than the “fix” ?? Getting a bit sick of this restarting my phone every morning??

Best Answer

I’m having the same issues - I’ve listed mine under app freezing /crashing but it sounds like the same issue. I can fix it by logging out and restarting my iPhone but that ridiculous to do every other day!! 
Any long term solutions ????

Best Answer

Hello again @Misha101 

Im sorry to see your having App “freezing and crashing issues” again. As you know the way to resolve the problem is to follow the troubleshooting steps I provided you here. I can’t understand why this seems to resolve your issue for awhile and then it starts again days later. I do know from my own experiences that if I’m doing a lot on my iOS device for days (example: search internet, watching videos, playing games, texting, emails, chatting and syncing on Fitbit etc) my phone does become sluggish so I restart my iOS device. I usually restart mine about every 2-3 days. Doing this makes my iOS device much faster and the sluggishness is gone. Can you tell be the Type of iOS device you have? Example: iPad Air, iPhone 6 etc. 

Also I saw that you posted (at the same time you posted here) in another thread. Your issue is not the same as you thought. The other thread is a syncing issue not a freezing/crashing issue. So I moved your post here to avoid confusion within the other thread. 

😉 Please let me know what iOS device you use

Best Answer
0 Votes

Using an iPhone 8.
I don’t use my phone for gaming & not a high use user - not my style! And my device never becomes sluggish so never really had need to restart every 2-3 days. I have to log out/in of my Fitbit account for the phone restart to work also.

i did have a security alert on 28 Sept 2019 to say the email for my account had been changed - I changed password before 72 hours was up.

feeling a little frustrated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @Misha101 

I looked up your iPhone model type and it’s clearly compatible with the new Fitbit App. Is your Fitbit App up to date? It currently should be version 3.10. I honestly don’t believe the email security alert has anything to do with what’s going on. At least I can’t make a connection that would make sense since it was quite some time ago. I think at this point it might be best to call Fitbit Customer Service. You can find ways to contact them here: https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs&co=GB

On a side note maybe it might help to just try a reinstall of the Fitbit App. You won’t lose any data doing this. I think it’s worth a shot and wouldn’t hurt trying this before calling Fitbit. If your interested in trying that out here’s how:

1. Log out of the Fitbit app and force shut the app by swiping up

2. uninstall the Fitbit App from your device

3. now completely shut down your device and wait about 1 min then restart your device 

4. once your device has reloaded reinstall the Fitbit app by downloading it from the App Store

5. once it’s installed, log into your device as you normally would with username and password 

6. don’t touch anything in the app...just wait until you get a prompt from your Bluetooth.

7. When prompted by your Bluetooth tap yes 

I hope the reinstall works but if not I’m sure Fitbit Customer Service can help

Best Answer
0 Votes
A hard reset of my Fitbit finally fixed it

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I’m happy to see you’re up and running @Jvires! 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

Terminating the app and resetting the phone always fixes the problem but it is inconvenient and should not be happening. 

Best Answer

I’ve just reinstalled the app as it was completely frozen after trying to manually log a walk, I’ve now lost all data pre- 10 days ago on the summary views, can I get this back?  I have been working out every day during lockdown and don’t want to lose all this data, I know it’s there in the daily info if I scroll back day by day but does not appear in the summaries see attachment

0D73E283-2D24-49F7-9963-FBA4A4411B7F.png

Thanks 

Best Answer

Hey so basically I went onto my fitbit app, tried going into the community tab, but then, the app just froze. So i just exited out of the app and got back in. tried that 10 times before i just restarted my phone.when it turned on, i went back into fitbit and tapped the community and it froze again. so i deleted the app, downloaded it again, and logged back in. it still didnt let me into community. i deleted and reinstalled the app several times, but it didnt work. did i get reported? because theres no u have been reported email in my inbox. THANKS

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit people- why is this still a problem almost 18 months later?  I had the same issue today. When I try to select sleep details the app goes to the details page then freezes. 

Restarting app didn’t work. Restarting phone didn’t work. Finally I deleted the app, rebooted my phone, reinstalled the app and that worked. Your app has been working well 99% of the time, to be fair, but this fault is still an occasional problem apparently. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This didn’t work for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Toppersmom.

Thank you for joining the thread. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and if the Fitbit app continues to crash, please confirm if you've tried to  uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app. I also recommend clearing your iPhone's cache: How to Clear Your Browser's Cache on an iPhone.

Hope this helps.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes