Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App not recording my steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Over the last two weeks my app has not been recording my steps! I have been wearing my Charge HR every day and I've been fully syncing my Fitbit with the app. The app shows my current steps for that day but when I check it the day after there is nothing! Obviously this is annoying especially when I completed over 30,000 steps one day and it wasn't recorded! Any advice on how to fix this would be welcome! Thanks
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for joining us @walker-ben! I'll  be happy to help here. Cat Very Happy Let's review a couple of things. First, please make sure that your iOS app has been updated to it's latest version. Then, force quit your Fitbit app and open it again; sync your tracker again. Hey, just out of curiosity, is this the first time you have experienced this? Do let me know, keep me posted with the outcome! Cat Embarassed

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Thanks for joining us @walker-ben! I'll  be happy to help here. Cat Very Happy Let's review a couple of things. First, please make sure that your iOS app has been updated to it's latest version. Then, force quit your Fitbit app and open it again; sync your tracker again. Hey, just out of curiosity, is this the first time you have experienced this? Do let me know, keep me posted with the outcome! Cat Embarassed

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

I've had this problem on multiple occasions. I'm getting really tired of it. I have to reset my flex from the charger on a regular basis. I don't think this should be a continuous problem. Now it's not even showing my steps for the day. I got my bussing to show I got 10,000 yesterday and it did not record it. 

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same issue but I was wondering if you have a solution for the Windows app. I have a Microsoft Lumia 550 and each day you can see how many steps you've done but it's showing that I haven't done any, the app doesn't record my sleep either. What can I do?

Thanks, I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mariah333 welcome aboard! So if I understood correctly, your tracker is definitely recording your steps but when you sync the app isn't reflecting the correct total? Please clarify that info for me. Also, have you checked that you're running your Fitbit app's and iOS latest version? Do let me know. 

Sorry to answer your post with more questions, but I'd really like to have a better picture of the situation. I'll be looking forward to your new comments!

@monochromegeeks welcome aboard! Please make sure that you post your Windows 10 inquiry in the Windows 10 App board. This is to avoid any confusion among users and it also help us to keep the community organized for everyone. Thanks for your cooperation in advance! 

I suggest making sure that your Microsoft Lumia 550 is listed as a compatible device. If it is compatible, please make sure you're running the latest version. When you say that each day you can see how many steps you've done; is that from the app or the tracker? Please clarify that info for me.

Also, please note that depending on the tracker you use, your sleep is automatically recorded by your Fitbit tracker. Check out this article called: "How do I put my tracker in sleep mode?"

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app on my iPhone 5s worked fine yesterday. Today, it syncs, but no steps are counted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Could you please help me with my Fitbit charge 3... it's been a week now and my fitbit app isnt showing a summary of my sleep like it normally did. And now for the past few daYstrad it's not recording the same data shown on my watch. I have tried to do connect and reconnect with my watch but it doesn't seem to be working. It saYstrad that my watch was last synced a week ago and I try many times everyday to try sync it again but it isn't working and I'm getting really annoyed with it. 

So please read this and help me 😢

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MackOosthuizen, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I would also like to thank you for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Have you restarted your tracker and your phone already? If so, I would like to suggest you to check the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

Once you have synced your device, the information (including sleep) will show up in the Account. I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit worked until I updated your app. One of the days from last week was not recorded of which that was the week I walked the longest. I tried to sync it today but the whole week recorded zero steps but it showed how many calories I lost. Both iOS and Fitbit we’re currently updated. I even deleted Fitbit app and reloaded it. Now, iPhone Bluetooth cannot find Fitbit in order for me to sync it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had the same problem. Just when I think it’s working.... boom... nothing! I then have the force it closed etc and shut my phone,iPad down to get the correct steps for the last few weeks etc. I have my Fitbit attached to other sites which makes it so annoying. 

I assume their working on the problem if so many are having the same issues... time will tell🤓

Best Answer
0 Votes

My iPhone just had and update and since then my fitbid versa is not recording any of my exercises, steps or heart bit....I reseted my watch, I forgot the device on bluetooth and I’m not sure what else to do...any ideias?

thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem! I’ve done the reset too. Im ready to ditch the fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. @Joanne317 Welcome to the Community Forums. 

I appreciate the details shared and the troubleshooting steps tried prior posting. Could you please confirm if the steps are missing only on the Fitbit app but they appear on the Fitbit itself? 

In the meantime, I recommend to double check if the Fitbit app is updated, a new version was just released. 

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer