Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App stopped showing intensity colors and 15 min details after the latest iOS app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all.

I have noticed a change in the Fitbit iOS app since the most recent update.

In the graph that illustrates how many steps/miles you do each day I used to be able to see exactly how many miles/steps were done every 15 mins in a day by touching each bar in the graph. This feature for some reason has now disappeared which is a pain as I cannot tell exactly how many steps/miles were walked before and after a walk.  To some this many not be much of an issue but when you like to log the exact distance of your walk each day then this is a problem. I guess I could just wear the wristband when I start a walk but would much rather have the feature back. Just wonder if anyone else out there sees this as a problem or is it just me?  

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
236 REPLIES 236

Mom2Jacob, it is backwards thinking! Makes no sense.

Why are we trying to figure it all out and they remain silent? Are their developers not at work? Why didn’t they beta test this change or get some community members to check it out before launching without warning? Why are they not telling us anything. Why aren’t they reversing it!!  

Maybe the wonderful Fitbit we knew was bought by google just to kill it off as competition? Shame on them if so.

My Inspire HR needs charging but i took it off yesterday and left it uncharged. Will see if I even miss the dumbed-down version….

Best Answer

Hi,I noticed the same issue several weeks ago after the update - as did all my walking friends in HK…-

it’s really annoying as it was the only different snd useful function in the step programme.

please reinstate it by end August otherwise we are all collectively stopping with our fitbits and premium accounts and going with Garmin.

Not something we want to do but we see no choice.

it can’t be that hard to fix it - surely…:question_mark:🙃🌴🌴

Best Answer

Always nice to have new additions!  What is Garmin?  Similar to Fitbit?

Best Answer

I am so disappointed that this feature was removed. I used it daily. I don’t usually update my apps, but I had a firmware update notification that wouldn’t work and Fitbit support asked me to update the Fitbit app. I wish I hadn’t! After the update I was unable to access this valuable information. I thought it was a bug and so I contacted Fitbit for additional help. The customer support member I got wasn’t helpful and did nothing but argue with me about updating my iOS, telling me the app would only work properly when my phone was fully updated. Glad I didn’t do that since it wouldn’t have worked anyway. They should have just told me that Fitbit removed the feature and that’s why I couldn’t access it after the update. Just terrible all around. 

Best Answer

hi and welcome!  So did you have any problems before u updated?  Was the notification issue with Fitbit or your platform?  I didn’t have any issues recently before the 7/27/21 update.  They are very vague about what that update was for but since it, any iPhone, that did the Fitbit update, has the issue.  A few were so lucky they either had the app on an old device and it didn’t get updated or they didn’t have automatic update, which I no longer have, set.

I said iPhones, because I still haven’t heard from an android person that has this issue!  Google?

Best Answer

$hitty treatment of those with a phone that isn’t one of their money generating products. It’s always about power and money. 

Best Answer

@LiliyaFitbit has there been any more communication with the developers? All of us here have yet to get any update or clarification as to why this key function of the app was removed from iPhone/iPad. 

@Mom2Jacob someone did reply, mentioned that her husband has an android phone and the colored indices and interactivity is still present. 

Best Answer

My brothers android Fitbit app has also been unaffected by the update too.

Thanks for readdressing with Lillya

Best Answer

Hi

Thnx for the messages everyone - 

still

nes here so not sure how/ where to reply lol

have heard nothing back from Fitbit on this -

who quite honestly in my opinion shouldn’t need us to provide them with all this info -

they Shd have tech people all over any new update and be watching / monitoring their own products constantly …

the step app is pointless now - 

I might as well just use my i phone

Best Answer

Did you find a better app with apple than the health one?  I guess I’d still have to choose the primitive dashboard over anything I can find on apple.  I love my apple iPad and iPhone but the health app leaves much to the imagination.  Their miles and steps are just globbed in to hours, no further breakdown.

if Fitbit could add an export for information like calories, miles, and steps for a chosen date on dashboard, it could be perfect!

Best Answer

ugh I’m so sorry! How frustrating! 

Best Answer

No I have not. And I keep holding on that this will get fixed! I just can’t give up my Fitbit yet!

Best Answer

On 8/19/21, I had my brother check his Fitbit, with my info, on his android phone. When he did this, it changed some of my information for that day. It made me a man instead of a woman and my calories are all screwed up. Since I can’t use the Fitbit app to get the information, I’ve been using the dashboard to get the information.But no matter what I do I can’t reconcile the individual data in 15 minute increments to the total of calories burned. I contacted Fitbit yesterday and this lady was very nice, I was hoping she could help me but instead she gave me a tutorial of the dashboard.  She even recommended that I start a new thread about changes I wanna make to the dashboard!! Good luck with all that!!

Best Answer

What version is this? 1061?What version is this? 1061?
Sorry cannot figure out how to get this straight on.  Does everybody have this app version?

Best Answer

@Mom2Jacob 
The version is 3.45 build 1061, and yes we all have the same update. 

Best Answer
Yes! I contacted „customer support“ (not supportive *at all*) and it was like talking to a robot. The conversation was like:
Me: can you help me install a previous version of the app please?
Robot: Yes I’d be happy to help with this. Can you update your phone to the latest OS and update the app first?
Me: I’ve just updated the app.
Robot: Very good. Can you update your phone to the latest OS ?
Me: I don’t need to. The app updated to the latest version okay.
Robot: I understand. Can you update your phone to the latest OS?
Me: Uhh...no.
Robot: I understand. I‘d be happy to help you with this. Can you check you have the latest OS installed on your phone?
Me: Uhh, are you okay? Do you need me to call someone? If you’re being held hostage hit the gun emoji....

Bizarre. 😆😕
Best Answer

It seems increasingly likely that it’s a change that was done on purpose. Kind of like how FitBit doesn’t sync with Apple health (I’ve always assumed that’s because Apple want you to buy Apple watch, or just because they want their own product to be the only one to integrate with Health seamlessly).

I would think that if it was a mistake, FitBit would’ve put out some kind of emergency mini update to fix it.

At the moment the dashboard is annoying but the data is still obtainable (with floors climbed it‘s actually better cos it gives you the exact minute, not just a 15 min window. Not sure about steps?). If they change the dashboard, then I think I’d consider bailing and getting another brand fitness tracker when it comes to upgrade.

Best Answer

I should have said does every apple person have this version?  I think androids have a different version!

Best Answer

I have found the same, assumed it was to push people into upgrading to Premium. Won’t work with me, will look at non Fitbit options fir next purchase!

Best Answer

According to the meh reviews on GooglePlay, it looks like Android users have been having syncing issues and some other features (like sleep

tracking) now being put behind a paywall since an update in early August.

And they are not happy with that. 

Garmin seems to be a popular alternative that a lot of those users have suggested. 

I am personally hesitant to go with Apple or Samsung, since I would prefer my smartwatch to not be intrinsically tied to a specific type of phone. 

It’s too bad they just launched the Charge 5. But I can’t see myself purchasing it if the app is going to be so useless to me. 

Best Answer